So I asked this a while aggo in the Gear-forum but nobody answered so I'm trying again here

So I am going to work with a MV-8800 for about 1 or 2 months to record bands.
My question has anybody ever worked with this machine and wants to give a little bit information about it (what is special about it.... abilities.... what it can't do)

And will I be able to work with it after a few weeks? I know the basics of recording, micro-setup, stuff like that.

Thanks
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Its not an MTR for audio. It looks more like a MIDI sequencer with computer built in. You can use a MIDI keyboard to make some grooves and drum track and line them all up on the large screen.

If you want to record Audio look at these polls:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=652541e14ffe5ea85a33551dbffcd03e

I personally think the Akai DPS24MKII wins but they can be hard to find.
The Roland VS2480DVD also works well.

Budget?
Well that's the thing..... it's not a budget because I'm not buying it.

So I probably wont get any responses since it's not made for recording bands but more for recording hip hop or rap.
Thanks anyway
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"