Now under most circumstances, this would seem like a very godly modification...
Cept' I putting um' in my Omen 6, which is actually a rather mediocre guitar..
So, what I'm asking ya'll is, would it be worth it our would it be like placing a feminine wig on Chuck Norris?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I have a Line 6 Spider 2 that runs through a Boss GT-8. Yes, I know the Spider 2 is also pretty crappy, but its my 2nd amp...I've have it for about 4 years now..
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
i think its time for a new (better) amp.
not worth putting in new pickups right now
Send me off to bed forevermore.
New amp. Don't run godly pickups through a ****ty amp, please.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
new amp. probably something along the lines of a small tube combo, then worry about pickups.
It would be like putting a pimp hat on an elderly person.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
acually if they're active emgs they will sound exactly the same no matter which guitar you put them on. this is an advantage if you have a $100 guitar and put active emgs, it will sound just like a $89409684096840 guitar with active emgs...if you run through a good amp...without a good amp though it really wont matter what kind of guitar or pickups your using...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
get a tube or hybrid amp
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Get a tube amp, what's your budget?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by bi-ah!
acually if they're active emgs they will sound exactly the same no matter which guitar you put them on. this is an advantage if you have a $100 guitar and put active emgs, it will sound just like a $89409684096840 guitar with active emgs...if you run through a good amp...without a good amp though it really wont matter what kind of guitar or pickups your using...

So you're suggesting that with active EMGs nothing about the guitar other than the pickups themselves affect the tone? Not the wood, etc.?
Quote by TheProducer
So you're suggesting that with active EMGs nothing about the guitar other than the pickups themselves affect the tone? Not the wood, etc.?

that's what it sounds like.
Quote by diminishedtobme
^^^The wood would have little effect on your tone.

it has more effect than you would think.
Quote by ortrigger
it has more effect than you would think.

Yeah. You can't say that a guitar made out of plywood is going to sound as good as a guitar made out of actual, high-grade wood if they both have active EMGs.
Quote by TheProducer
Yeah. You can't say that a guitar made out of plywood is going to sound as good as a guitar made out of actual, high-grade wood if they both have active EMGs.

if this was the pit that post would be win. and you do have a great point. if TS wants better tone the first place to start is with an amp.
Quote by ortrigger
if this was the pit that post would be win. and you do have a great point. if TS wants better tone the first place to start is with an amp.

+1

This guy needs an amp, stat.
EMGs don't seem as affected by the wood as some pick-ups are, there is a little difference, but it is far less dramatic then some other pick-ups out there.

Amp is far, far more important than the guitar or its pick-ups. Half decent pick-ups sound a lot better through a good amp then a great guitar through a bad one.