What is the name of the white lining that i've seen on semi acoustics and telecasters?

Also does anybody know what telecasters come with them? this is a picture of a 60s custom with bigsby but i was looking at other 60s telecasters on gak (music store) and they don't have.
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
i can't see the picture but are you talking about binding?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
This?

Gargh I don't remember, someone only told me recently too
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Yeah that's it, i think it makes teles look so much better, anybody know the cheapest one with it?
Guitars gear
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
You can install it yourself.

Just get a dremell and you route the edges and glue it on.

The binding itself is cheap - about $5 to do a top. The glue is cheap as well. You could do a whole guitar for $20.00

Fender makes an import and USA model of a tele with binding.
it's not an easy thing to put on binding.

my tele has binding, 2 humbuckers with push pull pots...

it's a schecter pt fastback, you can get them for around $500.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

It's not hard. They have a tool to do it that fits on a dremel and it has a guide. Stew Mac sells it.

I'll be binding my lap steel I am building this coming weekend and if you want I'll post pics.

Practice on some scrap first if you decide to do it.
Don't think it'd be easy because the edges of telecasters curve don't they? but the ones with binding are straight, so i'd rather buy
Guitars gear
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
^of course it's not easy.

the last thing i'd want to do, is buy a new guitar, buy a hand held dremel and binding so i could try installing binding as my first mod.

sure it would be a walk in the park, especially for someone who doesnt even know what it's called.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

You don't learn unless you try. I have bound American Standard Teles for people.

The tool has a guide on it and a set screw to adjust the depth. There is a ledge that rides on the top of the guitar.

The first guitar I ever bound was a Les Paul Special (flat top) and it came out ok - I went slow and I practiced on some scrap.

If it's something you're interested in buy the tool and some binding and get some scrap wood and practice a couple times - once you're comfortable do your guitar.

I have done this on a ton of Warmoth bodies as well.

It's a skill worth learning if you like to customize your guitars.

Here is a link if you would like to see what's involved:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bindings,_trim/Tools_and_supplies_for_binding:_Binding_channel_cutting/Binding_Router_Guide.html
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Jun 16, 2008,
I haf binding! Not on a real fender tele though, a decent copy nonetheless, a Jim Reed.
...Bleep Bloop...
I would highly recommend that everyone just whip out the dremel and add it to their guitars. It's a snap, really.

Yes, do-it-yourself hand-held binding is easy to get looking great. That's why independent luthiers add on an extra £200 to bind a body and brand custom shops will charge an extra £300 for binding
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.