hey guys-
im nervous about cleaning my fretboard on my les paul, i know its rosewood, so lemon oil will work, but i have some Dunlop 65 " guitar polisher and cleaner" and im wondering if that will work fine on my fretboard. In other searches people say to use pledge(which i wont) and even water (which i know is bad for the wood).
So can i use this? or will i have to travel to a music shop to get lemon oil?
Thanks guys!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Quote by Saturated Fat
hey guys-
im nervous about cleaning my fretboard on my les paul, i know its rosewood, so lemon oil will work, but i have some Dunlop 65 " guitar polisher and cleaner" and im wondering if that will work fine on my fretboard. In other searches people say to use pledge(which i wont) and even water (which i know is bad for the wood).
So can i use this? or will i have to travel to a music shop to get lemon oil?
Thanks guys!

I wouldn't. There's a Dunlop 65 lemon oil too.

I'd wait until you can get some. I'm sure it doesn't need to be done right away.

EDIT: You can use any brand, I wasn't saying you needed to get this type.
I don't know where you live but you can buy pure lemon oil @ places other then a guitar shop for a lot less. Wal-Mart and even most supermarkets carry it in the cleaning section. Plus it's usually cheaper and you get more of it.
ok yea, ill just wait until i can get some.
For future reference, how often should i apply the lemon oil?
just a rough estimate is needed, i guess.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Quote by Saturated Fat
ok yea, ill just wait until i can get some.
For future reference, how often should i apply the lemon oil?
just a rough estimate is needed, i guess.

once or twice a year. dont overdo it