so i downloaded the new Shearwater album, and when i bought it I was like hey pay the $2 more to the get better quality FLAC instead of the mp3. Now my problem is that the only player it will work on is my VLC Media Player, and i cant get it to work on my my zune player, therefore i cant put it on the zune. so i tried to use some converter on my comp to see if that would work, but it wont convert them. So does anybody else know how to fix this, I payed $10 and would like to listen to it.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
google a converter

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
wats wrong with the zune dude? i love mine, even if it is huge and not all that sexy.

will it take a lot of the quality away?
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
therer are plenty of flac converters on google.

Flacs are overrated anyways since the file size is ginormously huge.
you made a mistake... flac files are huge and tbh i dont hear much quality difference between flac and high bitrate mp3s
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
you made a mistake... flac files are huge and tbh i dont hear much quality difference between flac and high bitrate mp3s

It is actually very much there you just are probaly listening on crappy headphones.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
dude i can def. tell a difference, maybe i have good hearing or something idk
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
i couldnt find it in any stores around here
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Last edited by dustinrhocks4 at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by LinkManDX
After listening to Leo Laporte argue about this, I've concluded (Along with him) that anything higher than 256 kpbs mp3 is overkill on 99% of headphones.

WTF does Leo Laporte know he thinks mp3s sound better than Vinyl. he said that people that listen to finally are stuck in the past and just have it in there head that is sounds better. Vinyl is Superior.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Quote by C.C. Deville

No ****, it's a lossless format, not lossy. Large sizes are a given. Find a flac converter that converts to "wma lossless", that way you don't lose the quality you paid $2 more for.
MP3 is not lossless. Flac is lossless and highly compressed. Buy a decent pair of SHUREs and you can tell the difference.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Flac is a non-loss state.

Its like an image almost.

There's no difference in quality, apart from hardly any players play flac, and most play mp3.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by dustinrhocks4
wats wrong with the zune dude? i love mine, even if it is huge and not all that sexy.

will it take a lot of the quality away?

Nothing's wrong with the Zune, you get entry to the Zune bar!

As for converters, like everyone says, just search google and you'll find a ton.

And yes, there is a big difference between flac and mp3 if you've got a decent set of speakers/headphones.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by jigy-i-joe
MP3 is not lossless. Flac is lossless and highly compressed. Buy a decent pair of SHUREs and you can tell the difference.

No one said mp3 was lossless...