This song is instrumental kind of guitar focused and I still didn't finish it because i've been very busy, I doubt i'll finish it soon though. This is supposed to be the 3rd song i've made...unfinished like the other 2

Any suggestions for improvement or any post is greatly appreciated

Obviously Crit 4 Crit btw

Well here it is...

Edit: Download finished version to listen to whole song

Edit: Recorded Version in my Profile

Edit: Studio Version in my profile (Escaping from Broken Dreams)
Attachments:
Structure.zip
Structure finished.zip
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Last edited by XxLloydxX at Sep 13, 2008,
Goddamn that was awesome!! Great work! I Could see a lot of Petrucci influence in that.. it was damn good. How long have you been playing guitar?
Quote by ordinary_story
Goddamn that was awesome!! Great work! I Could see a lot of Petrucci influence in that.. it was damn good. How long have you been playing guitar?

Yeah, I love Petrucci, he's what keeps my influence's sane
I've been playing for more than 2 years and a half...I think almost 3 years. I think I joined Ultimate-Guitar just a few months after I started playing.

By the way, those who are going to hear the GP5 version, I really recomend you to keep the drums in MIDI because the RSE drums lag (besides I think MIDI drums give more BASS to the beats etc). If you got really fast computer and decide to switch to RSE drums, turn down it's volume to "5". You'll have to move it away and back to 5 in a section of the song since I made it to raise the volume to 13 because I made it with MIDI.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
wow dude. that's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard on UG. great use of wah and great solos and great layering of parts. do you expect me to come in and tell you something you did wrong?

but actually, there were a couple things that bothered me. you brought in the epic string arrangement right before the end? why not sooner? that was climactic! but since you're not finished yet I suppose that won't be the case....and I was gonna say the ending wasn't good but once again I am mistaken....

nevermind then. there was not a single thing wrong with this. If you don't finish it and then record it I shall smite thee.

would you crit mine though?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885137
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I just finished the song, so now you guys can crit the song as a whole, it's on the first post.

Thanks
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
that was beautiful.

no more to say. perfection at its best? if that even makes sense

maybe not, I keep getting an error at around 169....
GP4 works fine though. I think you probably have too much RSE stuff going on at once in the GP5

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by Its_Rock77
wow dude. that's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard on UG. great use of wah and great solos and great layering of parts. do you expect me to come in and tell you something you did wrong?

but actually, there were a couple things that bothered me. you brought in the epic string arrangement right before the end? why not sooner? that was climactic! but since you're not finished yet I suppose that won't be the case....and I was gonna say the ending wasn't good but once again I am mistaken....

nevermind then. there was not a single thing wrong with this. If you don't finish it and then record it I shall smite thee.

would you crit mine though?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885137

I just finished recording yesterday, so if you would like to hear it go to my profile. I really still prefer guitar pro's midi since all the guitars are able to be heard while recorded they weren't so visible as there were too many instruments at once, and that's because I don't have quality equipment ahah, but doesn't matter
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
ahh, you're lucky. I can't actually play guitar.

ha, excellent work! Sounds like an unreleased track from Petruccis Solo album. You basically do everything that is right with instrumental guitar rock (catchy melodies, driving rhythms, varied moods and dynamics) while avoiding pretty much anything that is wrong with instrumental guitar rock (pointless noodling that doesn't, and especially in GP 'overshredding' beyond the extent of one's capacity).
There were a few rather arkward note choices here and there, but they only stood out a bit because the rest was pretty much flawless. Big congratulations for not making a rather cliched neoclassical shred, but a rocking pentatonic based tune, that in some places even scratches at the level of melodic prowess of the fusion genre. The phrygian/superphrygian tonality in the Verse/Bridge was a clever way to keep it interesting and it's a testament to your compositional craft that you can pull the transition off so smoothly. The mixolydian feel in the bridge solo was cool, too. Interlude solo had a masterful builtup, which I guess is the product of several indepth listening sessions with Petruccis work.

All in all, it shows you know what you're doing - and never stop doing it!

Bonus points for the recording. It shows you can put your money, eh guitar, where your notes are. Lotsa times people fall prey to the fact that you doesn't necessarily have to be able to play what you compose - but it always sounds better when you compose what you actually can play, as this piece shows. And thanks for giving me something neat to practice again.
I just recorded this song in a professional studio as the prize of winning with the best song in a contest.
It's in my profile if you want to check it out.
(It's called Escaping From Broken Memories)
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/XxLloydxX/

Hope you like it

Quote by Ailes
ha, excellent work! Sounds like an unreleased track from Petruccis Solo album. You basically do everything that is right with instrumental guitar rock (catchy melodies, driving rhythms, varied moods and dynamics) while avoiding pretty much anything that is wrong with instrumental guitar rock (pointless noodling that doesn't, and especially in GP 'overshredding' beyond the extent of one's capacity).
There were a few rather arkward note choices here and there, but they only stood out a bit because the rest was pretty much flawless. Big congratulations for not making a rather cliched neoclassical shred, but a rocking pentatonic based tune, that in some places even scratches at the level of melodic prowess of the fusion genre. The phrygian/superphrygian tonality in the Verse/Bridge was a clever way to keep it interesting and it's a testament to your compositional craft that you can pull the transition off so smoothly. The mixolydian feel in the bridge solo was cool, too. Interlude solo had a masterful builtup, which I guess is the product of several indepth listening sessions with Petruccis work.

All in all, it shows you know what you're doing - and never stop doing it!

Bonus points for the recording. It shows you can put your money, eh guitar, where your notes are. Lotsa times people fall prey to the fact that you doesn't necessarily have to be able to play what you compose - but it always sounds better when you compose what you actually can play, as this piece shows. And thanks for giving me something neat to practice again.

Thanks a bunch for the crit, and thanks to everyone else too!
Sorry I couldn't get you the backtrack it was on the other computer I used when recording it, in my brother's house. I hadn't gone to my bro's house in like months since then.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic