Hi guys, i dunno how to really explain this, so here goes.

I usually have to screw my whammy bar in, turn it around like 20 times till its tight and dandy. The past week i was having trouble doing that, when i tried screwing it out, the whole umm, whammy bar hole/nut thing would turn around with my bar therefore i had to hold tight on the nut while i turned the whammy bar. Now the problem is, when i screw back my bar in, the whole nut is staying loose. And turning the nut to each side doesnt loosen or tighten it, its just there turning. What do i do?

I have a dean Razorback if it matters, yeah i know POSER!!!
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
if you look under the bar or depending on the bridge, if you compress the bar, to see the side (or under) the nut (the one that's spinning) there might be a screw hole there, that can be tightened to secure that nut.

i'll see if i can find a picture....

madpickin03
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 16, 2008,
You may want to try running some teflon tape (like plumbers use) around the threads. This type of tape is not sticky, it's like really thin plastic with no adhesive).

The post above looks like it would work
Hmm,,thanks for the pics, i tried both. For picture A i dont even have that whole, and as for picture B, there is no hole for an L key other than the backside of the whammy bar hole, even then i tried but all my l keys were too small and i doubt that wouldve done it, or would i thave? ahh,, ****, i might need a wrench of some sort but it wont fit anywhere. Anything else?
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

WEll, i grabbed the nut using pliers from the bottom side and screwed in my whammy bar from the top like usual. Applying pressure to the pliers ofcourse. It worked. I tried screwing my bar in and out again and its fine. Not sure how permanent this is though. Thanks for all the help. Any more input would be appreciated. I have a show in 3 days =)
Quote by greendayguitar