Okay so I figured I'd learn how to play the gutiar on an acoustic rather than an electric since electric is more forgiving, where an acoustic you really have to try to make every chord nice and clean. But on top of that, I'm playing on this really thick like bailing wire strings....I guess my question is, would I come out a better guitairst after playing with these thick strings? So let's say when I play on an electric, would it be somewhat easier for me?
I think Electric is easier to play no matter what. I'd recommend learning on an acoustic, doesn't really matter how thick the strings are. I learned on a piece-o'-**** acoustic and I did alright.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
learning on acoustic will help develop good caluses (?)

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I hate thick strings cuz when I played my teachers acoustic I couldn't play guitar for a week then xD
It hurts! xD
I use 11's...
and you can learn on 9's or 14's and you will do just the same...maybe with 14's you'll lose some fingers but...who cares
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
In the long run yes, you will be better. The acoustic guitar will be hard but when you finally do move on to electric, you'll thank yourself for having started with acoustic. Change strings often.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
got electric and acoustic

annyway

acoustic just isn't that much fun

go electric!!!
Drum drum drum away!
Quote by beverboy
got electric and acoustic

annyway

acoustic just isn't that much fun

go electric!!!

If you have a good acoustic, every chord will make you jizz.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i learnd on acoustic,its teh best way to lear when you sart to play eletric youl find it alot easier
tbh, it's all about what you prefer to do. if you start on electric then it's easier. and my guitar teacher started on electric and he can shred like the shizz
hello
Quote by saitenslayer
i learnd on acoustic,its teh best way to lear when you sart to play eletric youl find it alot easier

Did you go to elementary school? You seem not to be able to spell most words properly.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by saitenslayer

i acn tuep teh hndured wdosr a munite
hello
I dont think its 'better' to learn either. I also dont think either instrument is 'better' than the other.

Just do whatever you want. :P
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
The acoustic guitar and electric guitar are different instruments and should be treated that way. If you want to play electric, learn on an electric.
Yeah I remember when I switched to electric after a year of playing acoustic, I was like "Damn, this is so easy!"
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by FLNagle
I dont think its 'better' to learn either. I also dont think either instrument is 'better' than the other.

Just do whatever you want. :P

Best advice, acoustic may give you stronger fingers. However if you want to play elextric and like hard rock and metal than start on an electric. If you like acoustics then start on acoustic. It's more important that you have a guitar you like that motivates you to practice.

Cause if you don't like acoustics and get one you'll just end up practicing less.

So really IMHO just use what you like.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i think learning on acoustic is easier, it make's you focus more on just playing rather then messing around with amps and such.

also on acoustic i find it alot easier to make out diffrent notes in chords and stuff, i would say learning on acoustic is probably the best way to learn. but everyone is diffrent so people will disagree with that.