500$ is my budget, i play metal, i need it loud enough for gigging, its beetween the line 6 combo solid state spider 3 150watt http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-150-75Wx2-2x12-Stereo-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944724-i1168990.gc and the crate flexwave half stack http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-FlexWave-Series-FW120HS-120W-4x12-Half-Stack-481416-i1320778.gc .... wich one should i go for? and any other amps for the price should i concider? thanks ---------- ok then whats the best half stack for 500$
Last edited by jdog_has_ibanez at Jun 16, 2008,
Never put spider III and gigging in the same sentence. Practise amp it is.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Jun 16, 2008,
imo you'd be better off with a tube combo at that price, with an overdrive pedal to boost it into hi-gain tones. both the spider III and Flexwave stacks are stacks of ****.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
A Peavey Valveking or Randall RG50TC are far better choices than those two peices of crap.
I've owned the FW series and played the Spiders. TBH The Spider has a nice "Insane" channel with tons of gain. But only for low bedroom volumes when playing along with music. But personally, even though I reverted to a SS combo still, tube is the way to go.
I got some good guitars, yo.
used 5150 combo is the normal recomendation. Peavey valveking, or maybe a B-52 amp. I haven't tried Bugera amps, but i've heard they're pretty good for a budget amp
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
T00b combo.

Randall RG50TC.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Another vote for the Valveking. Please do not get an arachnid. Please. It should be outlawed to manufacture those horrid pests.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦