Check out the song Running Hard on my profile, It's a new Ambient/progish sort of tune, it's not really finished right now as it needs vocals and an outro solo, it;s also mixed pretty roughly, so yes I know the sound isn't so great, it is supposed to sound somewhat lo fi though.

Please leave any comments and suggestions, crit for crit and all that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by vannaXcurses
wtf was just being played through my computer

hehehe that's what I like to hear.

Last.fm
That sounded like a bunch of noises, like a synthesizer and an electric sitar with distortion on LSD.
D & D player.
If you don't like it, okay.
Quote by dorian91
That sounded like a bunch of noises, like a synthesizer and an electric sitar with distortion on LSD.

I find that funny because a bunch of people have told me that, but it has a pretty straightforward melody and it's in a standard pop format. It's certainly a lot more normal sounding than most of the other stuff on my profile.

Last.fm
Quote by James_Het_Rules
I really really hate to say this but i couldn't make out **** from that song, it was so full of static...

you should really re-record your stuff... other than a bit of synthesizer i couldn't tell what was going on...

It's not so much the recordings as it is everything fighting in the mix, It's getting fixed, but I do think it's weird that I can make everything out and other people can't even if it hasn't been fully mastered.

and also what you think is a synth may actually be guitar, it's been fuzzed and compressed enough to sound like a synth when I play chords, which is what I'm doing for most of the song.

Last.fm
sorry for the double post and bump, but a new mix has been uploaded, this is much tighter and more normal sounding. It's under the same name as the old one.

Last.fm
Gotta give you some props for going outside the box and push melody. Its not something I would run through my car stereo and call home about, but I like the angle you took.

Just a thought you have all of this deep ambient electronic sounds in there, did you consider something to contrast with it on the high end of things, maybe something as simple as a three note progression monotone but high pitched " lead" line?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Gotta give you some props for going outside the box and push melody. Its not something I would run through my car stereo and call home about, but I like the angle you took.

Just a thought you have all of this deep ambient electronic sounds in there, did you consider something to contrast with it on the high end of things, maybe something as simple as a three note progression monotone but high pitched " lead" line?

There actually is a lead line in there, but I think it got EQ'ed badly so it's barely audible, will be fixed later when I go in to add vox.

Last.fm
Im a big porcupine tree, ozric tentacles, magic pie, yes, riverside, and flower kings fan. So i like ambient/progressive/electronic a lot. But this is just sort of a bunch of static and noise, maybe a better recording would give it clarity, and as an aside, i have to give you points for creativity. Nice job going outside the box, I guess i'd just have to be on drugs to really appreciate it :P
its really interesting, pretty repetetive though, vocals would fix that. I think that the recording wasnt the best, all the instruments seemed to just mud together, i could tell there was a few different things going on, but could barely make them out. A more distinguished bassline (bass guitar or synth) would help i think, and also a more clearly defined lead line. I think the song would do better with more of an aggresive feel, like maybe drums? i dont know

if you want to check out some of my other stuff. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886196
i'm sorry, but i started crying 8 seconds in.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Holy crap, thats the weirdest thing i have ever heard. I actually have a freind who would really like this......
I sort of like it. its a bit like that art piece that everyone stares at, and the first person to pretend they are "feeling it" looks like they are sophisticated

It's easier on the ear than stuff like serialism I guess. I've just listened to some of your other stuff, Dead sun and Rampant LSD abuse seems more friendly to listen to.