Hey there!
I'm thinking about getting a pair of lipstick humbuckers for my ibanez Jetking and wanted to ask if any of you have tried them. How are they if they are switched to single coils?
Also, what do you think about their hand wired pickguards? are they worth it or is it cheaper to wire them yourself?
Thanks in advance!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
I wouldn't get the handwired pickgaurds, the use cheaper, fairly crappy pups in them. I am also curios about the lipsticks, my brother wats a lipstick in the guitar im building him.
Well their HANDwired pickguards look pretty good. Nice customization options, and Jay probably does a good job. If you wanted to try out lipstick pickups, GFS would be the way to go, since they're cheap and good. The PREwired pickguards use cheap pickups and construction, but the handwired ones look pretty mint.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ive played through one of their single coil lipstick pups. very jangley like expected. nice sound though. you do realize that lipstick pups sound very very very very different from normal pickups right?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I've been curious about their lipstick humbuckers for a good long while now. Are there any reviews or demos online? Any?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
check harmony-central
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Already have. Haven't found squat on the humbuckers.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
well, i guess there isnt any then
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
@chea_man: actually I didn't know about the great difference in sound. Can you evaluate in that please?

And yes im talking about the handwired pickguards where you can choose the pickups you want in there

Thanks so far but keep posting
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
anyone tried these lipstick pickups? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing, put them in an ibanez jetking.

@Dr.Evil Knödel: have you done this yet?