so i just called in to work telling them i won't be in. not because i'm lazy and want to enjoy the sun or because a buddy of mine is having a party.

but because i'm genuinely ill with fever and stomach flu.. yay. easily the most disgusting way to lose 5 pounds in a day.

anyway, even tho i phoned in with a legitimate (AND TRUE) excuse, i still feel bad for calling in.

anyone else out there with an unhealthy amount of workplace loyalty, or perhaps you're plagued with "i don't give a f***, its work" attitude?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
You're lucky

I work for my parents in our family hotel, so unless I'm on deaths door I can't get any time off for being ill
but because i'm genuinely ill with fever and stomach flu.. yay. easily the most disgusting way to lose 5 pounds in a day

i hear thats how the 15yr old depressed teens do it these days
I go to school everyday with a "Funk this" attitude.

Good thing it's over.Now I have summer school
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I love calling out sick. Makes me feel creative. Can't use the same excuse twice. Nothing will beat this one guy I worked with. He called out one time because "his cousin had AIDS." It wasn't true, but it's so twisted that he would say something like that to get out of work.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
no. **** employers. scum of the earth C'MON!!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
I rarely miss school when I'm sick.

I remember one time though when I woke up and everyone was gone, I was actually sick and decided to phone it.

"Hi, this is Hayden. I'm sick I'm not going to be coming today"
"okay"

So I got to watch t.v. and play games all day
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I do it too much (at school) unless there's something to go there for, however at the moment there isn't so I'm going to miss tomorrow and half of wednesday.
lol, nice, well i remember i was at a party once, and my friends had convinced another friend to call in with a condition he'd never heard of. so he's like ok, that sounds feasible.

i'm kinda half awake when i hear his convo.. he puts on his best "mommy i don't feel good voice" and calls his employer.

"mm.. hey max, whats up?.. oh yea.. me, well i'm calling cause i'm not doing too good today.. yea man.. i got blue balls, yea.. i' should be fine by tomorrow, thanks dude.."

BLUE BALLS?!?!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I never call in sick because I never get sick.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by TexasFury
While you should do the job you agreed to, NEVER feel you owe any loyalty to an employer, no matter how great a place it is. They wouldn't think twice about getting rid of you if it was in their best interest.

+1. They never thank you for it if you drag yourself there when you are sick, so I don't feel bad in the slightest about pulling sickies when I can.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Kivarenn82
anyone else out there with an unhealthy amount of workplace loyalty, or perhaps you're plagued with "i don't give a f***, its work" attitude?

I hate my work with very good reasons, so I would gladly screw them over.
I neither really like or hate my work - the other employees are mostly ok, the employer is a nice guy, but we're all there for one thing - money. I don't mind calling in sick, they don't pay me for days off, we're all happy.
I wouldn't feel guilty.

I lost my job because I sold alcohol who then supplied it to a minor. Something like this is in no way my fault as I couldn't possibly know, unless obviously the kid was standing right there (which they werent ). The kid got ill and the parents weren't too pleased.

They were threatened to be taken to court and lose their alcohol license (therefore lose most of the sales too) so I lost my job so I couldn't make the situation worse basically..

That's just my take on it anyway
i can't get a job.

yea, i know i could try harder..

but idk.

so no, its not weird calling in, cause i dont have to.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
i had my second disciplinary at work yesterday for having 4 illnesses in 7 months. personally i don't think that's that bad, as they were only 1 day each. Bastards.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.