Well... I had my eye on a certain guitar from epiphone (1966 limited edition g-400), and they discontinued it either today or yesterday. None of the stores around me carried it, and online places say it's discontinued, so no one has it. So I take a look at other G-400's (I love these things, and I want one of 'em). Are either of the prophecy g-400's good? I'd have to order these online, too. I'm looking at the GX because of the finish, but I like them both. I know they won't have the same sound as the 1966, but are they versatile? I mainly like metal and hard rock, but occasionally play standard/classic rock also. ARe these guitars geared too much toward metal to play the latter genres?

Thanks in advance for any help I get.
If it have been discontiued. Have you tried ebay for one?
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
welkl if you know what your looking for, yoll be able to tell whether its fake. 99.9% of people are genuine
I fall the prophecy models have EMGs, I would recommend them. I really really like EMG pickups. They're A LOT more versatile than most people say. I love them and use them in all my PRS guitars. All duncans, dimarzios, PRS pickups, etc, fell short for me, and I finally found my sound with EMGs. People bash them VERY quickly, so I was hesitant to take the plung, but boy am I happy I did.

As for the guitar itself, I saw a Les Paul Prophecy at my local store, and it was very well put together, and looked pretty sleek. Only drawback was that after the 22 fret, the fret access was horrible. Definitely not made to be a 24 fret guitar.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I fall the prophecy models have EMGs, I would recommend them. I really really like EMG pickups. They're A LOT more versatile than most people say. I love them and use them in all my PRS guitars. All duncans, dimarzios, PRS pickups, etc, fell short for me, and I finally found my sound with EMGs. People bash them VERY quickly, so I was hesitant to take the plung, but boy am I happy I did.

As for the guitar itself, I saw a Les Paul Prophecy at my local store, and it was very well put together, and looked pretty sleek. Only drawback was that after the 22 fret, the fret access was horrible. Definitely not made to be a 24 fret guitar.

The EX has EMGs, but the GX has Dirty Fingers pickups, I think. I like the GX's red finish better, also. Are Dirty Fingers pickups versatile? I don't think I really need to get past the 22nd fret anyway, but does the sg/g400 have decent fret access up there?