Hey guys, i have a prs custom 22 and it seems like it just doesnt have enough output. i have a boss metal core pedal and is still doesnt have enough. Is this my pickups or is there a good setting i can put it on? thanls
Quote by NmoneyT
Hey guys, i have a prs custom 22 and it seems like it just doesnt have enough output. i have a boss metal core pedal and is still doesnt have enough. Is this my pickups or is there a good setting i can put it on? thanls

What amp do you use?
Everytime you use a PRS Custom 22 with a Boss Metalcore pedal, Eric Johnson sheds a tear.

Scratch that, everytime you use a Boss Metalcore pedal period, Eric Johnson sheds a tear.
Funny words.
well right now im just using a crappy fender amp but soon ill be getting a 70's ampeg v4 cab
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Everytime you use a PRS Custom 22 with a Boss Metalcore pedal, Eric Johnson sheds a tear.

Scratch that, everytime you use a Boss Metalcore pedal period, Eric Johnson sheds a tear.

dude, i dont give a f*ck about eric johnson, i just wanna help a guy solve his problem.

btw, the cab isnt a better amp, its a cad to run the amp trough. get a better amp, its the first step
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
well yea i knew that. im hopfully getting a marshall head (dont know what kind yet), but do you also think its the humbuckers?
Quote by NmoneyT
well yea i knew that. im hopfully getting a marshall head (dont know what kind yet), but do you also think its the humbuckers?

I don't think you can even judge this before you play it through a decent amp.
Quote by NmoneyT
oh and by the way i really like hard rock/metal sounds

use the edit feature instead of double posting
Quote by TheProducer
I don't think you can even judge this before you play it through a decent amp.

aight aight, thanks. Also what should my pickup selector be on to have the best metal sound?
the humbuckers could be, but i wonder how cant you get enought gain from the pedal.

lower the level and get the gain the 8/10 on the pedal, cuz higher it might cause buzz on your amp.

on the EQ its mostly personal, if you want a balanced sound, sccoped mids, a crunchy sound, for down tuned guitars, etc.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
+1 to new amp before anything else. If you're smart, you won't go Marshall, either - there are much better things for the money.

Also, PRS pickups are particular. They're not bad... just... different. Everyone else I know IRL that has a PRS has changed them, so it's not unreasonable. But amp first.

And for best position, bridge, with volume and tone knobs on full.
Quote by ldnovelo
dude, i dont give a f*ck about eric johnson, i just wanna help a guy solve his problem.

btw, the cab isnt a better amp, its a cad to run the amp trough. get a better amp, its the first step

Turn your PMS level down a bit and try and understand what I was saying.

He wants a better sound out of a $1000+ guitar yet he's running it through a crappy fender amp and a cheap pedal, so of course he doesn't have high output.
Funny words.