what would be a good amp, about 50watt
mostly for metal, black and death metal mostly, but i do play other stuff like folk, rock and some blues.
around £200 would be good.
Peavey Valveking
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Valveking, if you have money to burn after, swap the tubes and speakers. But it's not something you need to do right away.
what about hartke amps?
someone recommended them.
i really need to go and try them out for myself
Hartke would be a waste of your time, with your limit of money go for a peavey, valve kings are ok but whatever you do not get them in a combo version as you wont get the same amount of gain, but just buy a used 5150 off ebay or something! good luck man!
1998 Fender Telecaster
Marshall JCM 900 head + Cab
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Vox AD30VT XL (or the 50watt version) looks good, Might get it soon, Has some effects too, But I've heard good and bad things about it and it might just not be what ur looking for, its supposidly suited to metal though..
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Although I'm not a massive fan, I'd have to say Valveking with your budget limitations. There's nothing else for metal in that price range really.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i thought the VKs were more like £300? if you can't stretch to a VK, maybe a roland cube 60x (or some ss randalls are allegedly good for metal, but i haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Being you mostly play metal, black and death metal i would stay away from the Valveking. Its a versatile amp not a metal amp and it also will will have to buy a new speaker, tubes, eq pedal and od just to get a decent metal tone out of it and that tone is far from death metal. So by the time you take that 400 and add in the extra 300 bucks for upgrades your almost doubling your budget.

Honestly I would go with something that can hit a death metal tone right out the box. And with that type of budget a older Randall amp is gonna be the cheapest way to do it.
I'm going to be different and say go for a Cube 60 until you can afford something in the £500 price range and upgrade to a Peavey 5150 combo (if you only play folk and blues on the odd occasion).
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
I'm going to be different and say go for a Cube 60 until you can afford something in the £500 price range and upgrade to a Peavey 5150 combo (if you only play folk and blues on the odd occasion).

+1
Excellent suggestion as well...
yeah, i think so. the people suggesting the vk are in the USA, and don't realise that, even stock, it's quite a bit over budget here. factor in a speaker swap (and maybe a tube swap) and the fact you might need an EQ and/or overdrive pedal...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1
Excellent suggestion as well...

Ofcourse it fucking was. Do I make any other kind?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Ofcourse it fucking was. Do I make any other kind?

...yes...

yeah, i have a Cube 60, i love this thing. and i play similar stuff to you TS. and don't be intimidated by the fact that its a SS, it's a fantastic amp for the price, probably the best metal amp in the price range.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Last edited by ugmung at Jun 17, 2008,