Is it sick? Im trying to decide on a second guitar and im into metalcore, hardcore type of music. Some bands I listen to are August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, As I Lay Dying, Between The Buried and Me, The Human Abstract, and so on. Right now im using an epiphone les paul. Will this new ec-1000 be a huge upgrade and will my playing sound more heavy and chunky like i want it to? thx in advanced
yeah i thas active pickups so that will help but it is mile better than an Epiphone
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
It's another Les Paul, it's just not made by Gibson. The only difference is really the wood and the pickups. The pickups will help your sound, but it's pretty much the same guitar.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Sweet guitar I love the neck, much thinner than any paul ive played, and the pickups will be great 4 ur metalcore sound
the one i tried seemed in pretty good health, but i'm not a doctor...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the esp version. The eclipse II standard and it is by far the sweetest guitar I've ever touched, hands down. You'll love it.
People might say the binding is overkill. No way...! It's instant-kill. Fresh experience from this morning when my LTD MH-1000 arrived.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I've played one at a store and going to order one soon. The feel of it is amazing but its hard to reach the 22-24th frets. But it does have a great feel
I recently just bought one (1 week ago). This is one of the nicest guitars I have, and as you can see I have an extensive assortment.

The neck is noticably thinner than the Epiphone. The EMGs speak for themselves, they just vent brutality. The looks are great, and it's a lot lighter than a regular paul.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
The EMGs will definitely make your sound more aggressive, but there's not going to be a HUGE difference in tone. What amp do you have?
sorry to hijack this thread, but how do the EMG pickups sound versus the ec-1000 with seymour duncans in it? can one play classic rock or blues with the EMG's?

reason for asking is that i like the red cherry finish but it comes with EMG's. the sunburst versions come with sd's
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
What amp have you got??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
I really disliked the one I played, the upper fret access is pretty bad, but it usually is on LP types.

I didnt particularly like the general feel of it either, then again I haven't played an Ltd I have liked.
Quote by angl2k
sorry to hijack this thread, but how do the EMG pickups sound versus the ec-1000 with seymour duncans in it? can one play classic rock or blues with the EMG's?

reason for asking is that i like the red cherry finish but it comes with EMG's. the sunburst versions come with sd's

if you were really worried, you could probably swap the emgs for something else later, but obviously that'll cost more money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have one in vintage black and I love it. Perfect for teh metuhl. The neck is just amazing, plays faster than my Jackson. And as for the upper fret access on the EC/Les Paul shape in general: it doesn't stop Buckethead does it?
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3