Well im just wondering which would be better for me.. i play between led zeppelin and metallica, and if i should switch my strings right away, ive had them on for about 1 and half months.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
D'addario without a doubt. They last longer, give (IMO) better tone and feel way nicer on the fingers. Plus the coloured ball ends are just awesome.
do they bend as well as slinkys? or close ?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by KennySG
do they bend as well as slinkys? or close ?

Depends on the guage. I use 9s on my Ibanez and they feel great, you can achieve really high bends and whatever. On my LP I use 11s, so they're a harder to bend with... I suppose it depends on your action as well. If you have it at the right height, you'll be able to bend well regardless of string make.
i use .9s
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by Tom_hatton
D'addario without a doubt. They last longer, give (IMO) better tone and feel way nicer on the fingers. Plus the coloured ball ends are just awesome.

+1 to everything... especially the colors
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
well if i get some more positive things about the d'addarios il go get some :\, i want some good bending too but hey if i dont like em i can always buy new strings..
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Out of those two, I'd go with D'addarios. Never had any problems with them, they don't break often/easily, they feel great. I'm not a fan of EBs at all.

Electro-Harmonix strings are suprisingly good IMO.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i was thinking about getting the EXL120's , or should i get the prosteels?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Last edited by KennySG at Jun 16, 2008,
go with Dr's there a lot better string D'addario's or Ernie ball. I've been playing for about ten years now and there the best I've found
Amps: Vox AC-30 and a Modified Peavey Classic Vt.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul and a Schecter 7-string.
MFX & Pedals: Line 6 Pod Xt, Jekyll & Hyde overdrive/distortion pedal and a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive.
nah i think im pretty convinced about the D'addarios, ive seen a guy with the same guitar as me and i love his tone
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
I've always flown the flag for ERNIE BALLS.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
so if i play between Zeppelin & Metallica, what gauge should i get and which type, prosteel or exl120s?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Kso, they didnt have the d'addarios i wanted so im with super slinkys for now, oh well il give em a try.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
I really like the sound of EB's, the only complaint I have is that they go dull extremely fast. I plan on trying out D'addarios for a while this summer.
I hate Daddario strings, Ernie Ball gives me a much more balanced tone, and Daddarios rust a lot quicker in my personal experience. Also,I hate the colored ball ends, I prefer the way EB packages...
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
D'addario is my choice and i play more of a blues style... strings dont make a absolutely huge diffrence not as much of one as say your amp... dont get me wrong strings are important with the guage... i use 10s or 11s. 11s on a strat are a bit twangy where as 10s are warmer sounding...
i suggest you try a variety of brands of strings. i've tried GHS Boomers, Daddarios, Ernie Balls, Fender, Gibson and Rotosound. and by far, i liked the GHS Progressives and Daddario XLs best.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC