This a song I wrote about a 18 months ago. It isn't too bad, but I wanted to put it up and see what other people think.

Crit4Crit
Attachments:
Archive.zip
Last edited by LucasGtrGod at Jun 16, 2008,
The progressive thrash section made me want to mosh. I love the bass line that starts at 143. The drums fit the song very well and sound awesome too. The beginning of your song had that nice fist-to-the-mouth punch that makes a song exciting, and by the end, it was a lot calmer, but it all flowed nicely. 159 reminds me of something Necrophagist would do. The continuation of the guitar solo at 191 was really cool. The epic bit near the end was, well... epic. I also like how you brought back that one riff from the beginning for the finale.

Sorry for my scattered post; I'm tired.

Crit mine, please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883571
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I hate it.

Because it's so much better than anything I could ever write .

Alright, I'll condense my crit into:

It sounded very much like an odd sexcapade between Opeth and Dream Theater, especially the intro and the solo. The drums, whilst me not liking the blasting, were also veyr nicely written. The acoustic break was perfect.Haven't heard a better transition in awhile...and whatever chord you're using at around 3:19, is very dark and nice sounding (my ear is crapped out, and I can't think of what it would be).

The rest, was phenomenal. This is the kind of stuff I'd listen to on a regular basis.

10/10.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
critting as I listne to midi...

Intro-drums are definetly my favourite part

Parts after that- really sick. I'm insanely jealous of your writing ability. Sounds like dream theater raped btbam and started a disfunctional family of blast beats and complicated riffs.

The drums are still my favourite part of the whole

Solo- Very evil and intimidating sounding, even on midi

Clean bit-nicely fitted together. Again, drums I am loving a lot.

Builds up very nicely into the next parts.

Again, couldn't help but attempt to head bang to your riffs. :P

9/10

Crit mine please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889994
um...i thought it was good for the style of music, which isnt my style at all. It didnt really appeal to me personally, but i think you did a great job arranging everything and transition into the clean part was perfect. I didnt really like the solos, but thats just me.
7/10
Damn man, that was just silly.

...I'm not running on the best of PCs actually, but I can still try blame you.

The tempos all seemed wrong. It was all either too fast to actually hear what was going on, or too slow to listen to.

Ignoring that, a fair bit of it had a kinda disjointed/atonal feel, which I'm guessing you were aiming for...
...and the rest of it, the different parts played well off of each other, and the harmonies and intervals used were very nice.

Cool structure aswell ...just, the tempos, are daft.

The progressive hardcore riff however, is a riff of the Gods.

And the bass in guitar solo three looks more fun that the solo itself, and it's quite a good solo.

I like that finale riff too, the drums build up well throughout it, and that last tom strike is wicked.

I'm gonna take a risk and ask you to crit mine, even though I've just bad mouthed my way through a crit of yours, ahahaha...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15169198#post15169198

I'll totally crit something else of yours, if you check that out.

Cheers,

Rob
Can't really add anything onto what others havde said, BUT please don't pan the guitars like that.

It's painful to listen to.
Quote by Regression
Can't really add anything onto what others havde said, BUT please don't pan the guitars like that.

It's painful to listen to.

What's wrong with how the guitar's are panned?

I only panned them how I would pan them while recording.
The riffs seemed all over the place, and out of key. I wouldn't say they were very memorable either. The drums got annoying almost immediately. Too much crash and snare. Sorry, just not my style I guess.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Sorry man, I have to agree with Gyroscope. It was way too chaotic for my tastes, and the riffs were hard to hear. The constant changing of time signature and tempo never left me any time to concentrate on any one riff. Guess it's just not my style..
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Yea well like I said, I guess it's just not my style. To each his own
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by NovemberRain273
Yea well like I said, I guess it's just not my style. To each his own

I thought it was really, really good.

Pro's.

You know how to write some awesome riffs! Honestly really really good riffs!
Great sense of chaos! the use of time sigs and tempo changes really added to the whole feel of OMFG.
Clean section was superb. IMO from the clean section to the end is the shiz nit.

Con's.

During the first part of the song, I got a bit lost in where you were going with the song. It seemed to chaotic for too long, HOWEVER that emphasized the clean section even more so in a way it worked!

Crit mine pwease? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905196
mmm yummy progressive metal goodness. A typical, awesome progressive metal song. Not too many complaints. I wasn't sure about bar 35. I know you were going for dissonance, but it just sounded like random notes. I also wasn't a fan of bars 77-80. I don't know why. Didn't like the guitar solo. It seemed completely unrelated to chord structure implied in the rhythm part. The acoustic parts were very well done. no complaints. I didn't really like the second guitar solo either (see complaints about first guitar solo). Same with the last guitar solo.

Overall, I really liked the song. I guess I had a few minor complaints but I really liked it as a whole.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Yeah, fair enough, at the time I wasn't very knowledgable in theory other than the basic scales, so I just chose random notes, I don't really like the solo's either, especially the second one.