i found an AD50VT i can get for $200 used. I play mostly blues, and metallica, and GNR. i play some stuff from BLink-182, weezer and greeday styles too, but mostly the other stuff listed.

would this amp work well for these sounds with an Epi Les Paul Standard?

i would need to play it mostly at home practice levels, so the tone would need to sound good at lower volumes too. i know i dont need a 50watt for this, but this seems like a good deal and would be nice for jamming with friends too.
Dude, I have the 30vt and it's way more than necessary. A 15vt would probably even be enough, but go with the 30 max.
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Yeah looks a good deal. Those amps are great for home practice and 50W will get you over a drummer if you ever need it.

Iirc they come fitted with an onboard device (attenuator) that lets you knock the wattage down too.
He's not asking if it's loud enough for his bedroom, he's asking if the amp sounds decent played quieter.

I have the 30 watt, and it sounds pretty good at lower volumes. It doesn't have tubes so it doesn't need to be pushed to get the same sounds as it can get when it's played loud. (Although, the tone isn't as good as a tube amp, obviously).

I'd recommend it.
50W is way more than you need for home practice but seeing as it's such a good deal I'd get it anyway.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
it's such a good deal I'd get it anyway.

It is a good deal. I just bought the 30 watter new for $245 plus tax.

I think it's a good choice for sure. It'll sound good at home, but also get you over a drummer. Don't see how it couldn't. My 30 can on some songs, so 50 should be able to do it.
hm, I was under the assumption that the AD__VT series were tube amps. Good thing I didn't buy yet.
Quote by kibokun
hm, I was under the assumption that the AD__VT series were tube amps. Good thing I didn't buy yet.

Nope. Hybrid amps. Have a tube to shape the sound, but don't use tubes in the power amp.
Quote by TheProducer
He's not asking if it's loud enough for his bedroom, he's asking if the amp sounds decent played quieter.

I have the 30 watt, and it sounds pretty good at lower volumes. It doesn't have tubes so it doesn't need to be pushed to get the same sounds as it can get when it's played loud. (Although, the tone isn't as good as a tube amp, obviously).

I'd recommend it.

yeah, he was asking if 50 watts is too loud for home use. that amp does have 1 power tube (12AX7) i believe, but that doesn't change anything really. should be fine for home use.

hell i have a 50 watt all tube amp (5 tubes) and i can play at home levels and get some tube break up without disturbing people.

^or whatever this means:

The AD100VT, AD50VT, AD50VT-212, AD30VT and AD15VT feature our patented VOX Valve Reactor found on all Valvetronix products. The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7 triode vacuum tube together with an actual low-wattage tube power amp circuit

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp

frickin marketing stuff on these hybrids is so hard to figure out.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^or whatever this means:

The AD100VT, AD50VT, AD50VT-212, AD30VT and AD15VT feature our patented VOX Valve Reactor found on all Valvetronix products. The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7 triode vacuum tube together with an actual low-wattage tube power amp circuit

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp

frickin marketing stuff on these hybrids is so hard to figure out.

It actually does shape the tone because of the position in the amplifying circuit. People have reported a noticeable change in tone when changing the tube, unlike other hybrids with the tube in the preamp (which doesn't do much because they still sound pretty sterile for the most part).

Yes, you can use it for home practice. It has an attenuator on the back, so you can cut the wattage as low as 2.5 watts I believe.

I own it and I use it for every thing, including gigs, jamming, practice and recording.

You do lose a little bit of definition when you cut the wattage all the way down, though. There is also a channel volume, a gain, and a master volume, though, so you can get pretty much whatever characteristics you want.

For 200 bucks, that's a steal.
ok thanks for the input guys, i was meaning if it was too much for home practice. i know 50 watts is more than enough for that. i just wasnt in the market for a 50watter becasue of this and was wanting to make sure it'd still sound good at lower volumes, its such a good deal i really dont want to pass it up. now i gotta hope it isnt gone before i can go get it from the guy.

oh and thanks for the info about being able to cut its wattage down, thats pretty sweet i wasnt expecting that in this amp. now i really want it, cause i may be jamming with my buds (one just picked up bass, and the other drums)