I'm planning on upgrading pickups. My guitar is an epiphone g-400 (sg). I will be running it through a tube amp, with an OD pedal. Anyway, right now I'm only upgrading my bridge pickup. I want to get a good distortion tone, and i dont care at all about my clean sound because i never use the bridge for clean anyway.

What would be better for a good distortion tone. A seymour duncan SH-6 or an SH-4?
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
People will probably all say SH-4 because it's more common but hey, the SH-6 is called the Duncan Distortion.
'Distortion' is a bit vague... name some bands.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
'Distortion' is a bit vague... name some bands.

Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, ACDC, Kiss... Classic rock pretty much
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
I have a Custom Custom SH-11 and am pretty happy. ^will do that stuff well.

also look into the new SH-15. I don't know how happy people have been with the Duncan Distortion (my guess was that it was too distorted).

Duncan's Tone Chart may help and my guess is you want a medium gain type pup.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/
^ agreed. either of those two is too hot for the bands you like. something like a custom 5, a pearly gates, or maybe even a bridge version of the '59, might be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarplaya322
Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, ACDC, Kiss... Classic rock pretty much

For a mahogany guitar like an SG the Duncan Custom 5 is the best choice, the Custom Custom is better suited to a brighter guitar like strat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
For a mahogany guitar like an SG the Duncan Custom 5 is the best choice, the Custom Custom is better suited to a brighter guitar like strat.

very good point.
i dont want to start a whole new thread so yea

are the seymour d. blackouts better than emgs? say a set of emg 81/85
Quote by venom0014
i dont want to start a whole new thread so yea

are the seymour d. blackouts better than emgs? say a set of emg 81/85

well i prefer them....probably goin to replace the emg's in my ax-400 with blackouts like i did with my hellraiser....actually i might just change the bridge as i dont use the neck at all
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15