I was reading some music news on Bonnaroo, and apparently this rapper who performed retired at the show. She was only 30 and had put out two albums, and she called it quits already. To me thats pretty pathetic, considering shes only been around a few years. And what, the Rolling Stones have been around for decades, and their still performing.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mia%20retires_1071527

What do you think about this or just Bonnaroo in general?
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
another rapper whos not rapping anymore is a good thing imo
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Some people don't like gigging. She never said she was stopping recording.

yeah true
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
She must've had her reson for calling it quits. Musicians have lives outside of the industry u know...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
dude she can make whatever decisions she wants. she doesnt want to perform anymore so she doesnt have to. rolling stones should hav stopped a long time ago
Maybe thats just not what she wants to do...
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by thefuzz454
Maybe thats just not what she wants to do...

Heck, if i was a famous musician and i had to choose between that and per say my wife or kids (not that i have any of that...i'm 19) or simply being happy i'd retire.

And yes, the Rolling Stones should've left a LONG time ago...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
its good she has stoped, she is terrible, no matter what people say, imo rapping is the lowest form of music, because yes you write amazing lyrics, but then when it comes to putting them to music they just say every scrap they have, a good writer nows how to edit his own work and keep the meaning. i am not taking a dig at the lyrics i think many, not all, but many are vvery good, but by taking these short cuts when putting it to music and not even singing them, is just lazy IMO and shows a completly lack of creativity, other artists wrrite rap lyrics, but then atchally take time to put them to equally good music.
How ever i also think she is being weak as being a musicain professionaly is about being an entertainer, the main part is preformance, and after two years you pack it in? lazy again, no sticking power, people stay at **** jobs they hate for longer because they have to, therefore doing soemthing you love, but may be slightly hard at times for only two years and giving up is just weak
oh and yeh, the rolling stones are past it, just milking money now which they dont need..... if they in it for the music and the preformance and the fun why they charge 40quid per head for a ticket when they play? why not play cheaper places which are just as fun and charge a tenner?
Quote by manwithplan
its good she has stoped, she is terrible, no matter what people say, imo rapping is the lowest form of music, because yes you write amazing lyrics, but then when it comes to putting them to music they just say every scrap they have, a good writer nows how to edit his own work and keep the meaning. i am not taking a dig at the lyrics i think many, not all, but many are vvery good, but by taking these short cuts when putting it to music and not even singing them, is just lazy IMO and shows a completly lack of creativity, other artists wrrite rap lyrics, but then atchally take time to put them to equally good music.
How ever i also think she is being weak as being a musicain professionaly is about being an entertainer, the main part is preformance, and after two years you pack it in? lazy again, no sticking power, people stay at **** jobs they hate for longer because they have to, therefore doing soemthing you love, but may be slightly hard at times for only two years and giving up is just weak

But then she might not love it?
Well the Rolling Stones aren't good either.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I've only ever heard one song by her and it was God awful.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by HuckIt
another rapper whos not rapping anymore is a good thing imo

stfu
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/