Hey guys,

I have a few guitars - but my first (an Ibanez EX360WH) needs a little work to it. I'm pretty sure it needs refretting, new circuitry etc. It has an Ibanez TRS Trem that's a Floyd Rose licensed one I believe, could I just buy a cheap (£20-40) tremolo to replace it. I'm not looking to get this guitar to a high quality (apparently they were bottom feeders brand new) but just get it back to a playable standard, nice low action etc.

Would a standard Floyd Rose licensed tremolo fit the guitar? Also could I fit the tremolo system myself? Or would it be best to get a luthier to do it (I can fully set up a guitar, balancing the tremolo etc. and I fit a pickup myself... basic things really).

The other problem is it has a slight crack in the neck, which I'm sure will open up. It's only a little thing now, but is it worth getting the work done with this?

Anyway... I've had a nice little YouTube video of the tremolo for a while.

The YouTube video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWyMsoEPnk

A possible tremolo:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LICENSED-FLOYD-ROSE-CHROME-TREM-BRIDGE-NEW-SINGLE-LOCK_W0QQitemZ330243918709QQihZ014QQcategoryZ42455QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Throw your opinions at me guys .
you dont want to buy a cheap tremolo, it will only cause you trouble
Quote by Wylde14
you dont want to buy a cheap tremolo, it will only cause you trouble

Aye, you get what you pay for when it comes to FR trems.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
cheap trem= cheap metal
cheap metal = knife edges wearing down very quickly
sh*tty knife edges = no tuning stability
So what kinda tremolo do you guys recommend, a Gotoh one or something?
Lol @ Video:
*Clang* Woooh. *Clang* Woooh. *Clang* Whoooeeeeeeeeeooooh! *clang*

As much as it hurts your wallet, its probably easier to just buy a new guitar with a good tremolo.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
Lol @ Video:
*Clang* Woooh. *Clang* Woooh. *Clang* Whoooeeeeeeeeeooooh! *clang*

The sound effects are beautiful I know .

Quote by FLNagle

As much as it hurts your wallet, its probably easier to just buy a new guitar with a good tremolo.

Ahh it's not that I want a new guitar... I have other guitars with tremolos (a nice S series too) it's just that the guitar is sentimental, my first one ever and I just want it at least playable. As you can hear it sounds awful.
I dunno guys I'm still inclined to get a cheap tremolo, I'm looking for a playable fix not as a main guitar.

How bad is -bad-?
Quote by Schpudd
I dunno guys I'm still inclined to get a cheap tremolo, I'm looking for a playable fix not as a main guitar.

How bad is -bad-?

I'd probably assume like how you need an amp that costs twice as much as the actual guitar recommendation also applies to the tremolo to guitar to a lesser extent. Just think about the difference if you plug your guitar into a different amp and the difference if you placed a new bar in your guitar.
Okay, that has the angled baseplate on the trem right? Kind of like a TRS/Tageuchi. You can fit an OFR in there fine, but it will look odd in the route. The cheapest trem you will find new is probably going to be a Gotoh. My advice is to buy a used OFR, Schaller or Gotoh used as they can be had pretty cheap.