How can i get a stingray sound out of my j bass???
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Your first mistake was getting a Chinese lady to cut your hair.

Your second mistake was getting someone who doesn't speak English to cut your hair.

Your third mistake was listening to your dicklock parents.

install a stingray pick up in the bridge?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
You won't.

Different body woods, different pickups and different electronics. Really, it isn't going to work.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
There is know way to get that humbucker 'reet' without humbuckers. You also cannot get rid of it if you have humbuckers (unless you mess with coil taps etc).

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Just my opinion but installing a preamp would help get would help get a stingray sound like sound. Since alot of the stingray's tone is the preamp.
It won't make it sound exactly like a stingray but it will give it a deeper sound.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Just my opinion but installing a preamp would help get would help get a stingray sound like sound. Since alot of the stingray's tone is the preamp.
It won't make it sound exactly like a stingray but it will give it a deeper sound.

Stingrays are a combination of many elements, like ricks. There is no way to sound like one without having one.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Stingrays are a combination of many elements, like ricks. There is no way to sound like one without having one.

I never said it would sound exactly like it.
I'm just saying that an active jazz has more depth to it like a Stingray.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.