they are probably 1/4 watt, thats what most people use in pedals. a 10k ohm resistor will sound the same with either. but with the 1/4 wattage its a safe bet to make sure it can handle everything...

as for the trim pot. I definately say to use them. Germanium transistors have a major flaw. They are very very inconsistant. its hard to get a matched pair. I made a fuzz people and used some matched pair from smallbear. And it worked great...

but since they can be so inconsistant in their values, the trim pot will let you get the right resistance for the pedal. When i made my fuzz face, I added in a second trim pot because one of the transistors was a little to hot for the circuit....

so long story short. trim pot will help you dial in the right sound for the transistors they give you for that

*EDIT*
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=44

quick look at their FAQ lol...you lazy ass... haha just kidding. I coulda sworn i remember seeing something like that on their site, but took a second to find it.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
they are probably 1/4 watt, thats what most people use in pedals. a 10k ohm resistor will sound the same with either. but with the 1/4 wattage its a safe bet to make sure it can handle everything...

as for the trim pot. I definately say to use them. Germanium transistors have a major flaw. They are very very inconsistant. its hard to get a matched pair. I made a fuzz people and used some matched pair from smallbear. And it worked great...

but since they can be so inconsistant in their values, the trim pot will let you get the right resistance for the pedal. When i made my fuzz face, I added in a second trim pot because one of the transistors was a little to hot for the circuit....

so long story short. trim pot will help you dial in the right sound for the transistors they give you for that

*EDIT*
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=44

quick look at their FAQ lol...you lazy ass... haha just kidding. I coulda sworn i remember seeing something like that on their site, but took a second to find it.

You dont want a matched pair. Usually earlier gain stages have lower gains and the later have higher.

There issue is they can be leakey and are a pain to bias. Once biases they stray from their bias point depending on temp and such.
by matched pair i mean't like they sell at smallbear. Matched pair for a fuzz circuit i mean't. They sent me a 94 for Q1 and a 150 for Q2. which was a little hot but i managed... just thought i should clarify lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial