At the moment i have a fender squire on its last legs, and for my 2nd guitar i was thinking about getting one of of theese, i've heard good things about it and its deffinately within my price range.

and i'd just like to have to get some more information really such as;

. Pro's and Cons
. Will it suit my type of music (classic rock, indie, blues)
. ( bit of a longshot ) anywhere around the reigon of essex where i can find a guitar shop that sells it?

Thanks, !
My guitar teacher has one, plays very nice and from what ive heard of it, seems to be quite versatile in terms of tone. He finds the neck a bit too narrow, but thats down to personal preference really.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Yeah, the guitar is perfectly suited for those genres. The coil tap will come in quite handy with indie and blues. I highly recommend it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
also, what amp would be good to go with it. i was thinking a Orange amp?

(i don't know much about amps, so i could be making idiot out of myself for saying that)

anyway, thanks so far people
my jtk2 sounds great thru my tiny terror. go for it.
Thank you please.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, the guitar is perfectly suited for those genres. The coil tap will come in quite handy with indie and blues. I highly recommend it.

+1 and its $300 i really wanna get my hands on one to check it out, looks great.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I have one and I love it. Its perfect for those genres. The sound is trebbly on bridge position and warm and contoured on the neck position. Its known for its versatility and it can play anything from pop to metal, but not extreme metal. The sound reminds me of an SG, but with a little less output.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
I can also just recommend the JetKing. Really sweet guitar.
The Pros are that it can hanlde alot of sounds (altough im not a fan of the bridge humbucker)it can do really nice cleans on the neck humbucker and to really funk it up you can do some sinlge coil/humbucker configuration with both pickups activated.
However, do get a wide strap as it's a bit heavy.
Other that that: great guitar!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
It's a great guitar, but the neck felt like a cracker to me.
And there isn't one in black yet (outside of the Omar Rodriguez Lopez model)
Quote by Sid McCall

Yeah, I love these things. Although I prefer Ibanez's RG's I still like this one a lot. Another great alternative would be the ESP Viper 200. It has Push/Pull coiltaps on it, so you can switch between EMG's and single coil. Super versatile
Quote by Mecler
It's a great guitar, but the neck felt like a cracker to me.
And there isn't one in black yet (outside of the Omar Rodriguez Lopez model)

I would really like to try the Omar sign. Only because I like to have a guitar with only a singlecoil in bridge position, looks cool
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!