All right, I got this for like 2 weeks ago. But I've been buried with school work, hence no update.

Anyway. I love my OCD. It's the best overdrive ever. I use it for all my overdrive sound, over the clean channel of my Orange. So I needed something to work as for boosting and so on. Basically I wanted another OD. And I had already my eyes set on one:
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET.

But I live in Europe, way too expensive here. So I contact none other than Slatsmania. He gets me one and ships it! for that man!

So how is the pedal? It's fantastic! I prefer the OCD for rhythm, but the Fulldrive is fantastic for boosting. With the three modes, you can get a clean boost with the comp cut and then great Tubescreamer like overdrive with the Vintage mode and Flat Mids gives you a great sound, which cuts some of thsoe OD mids. The boost is great too. When combined with the OCD, this is a lethally good combo!

Also, I've used it on a gig and it worked GREAT!

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
How much did that run you?
I'm thinning out the pedal herd, and once I get my tube situation finished (RCA 6l6's coming in, w00t!), I'll look into a high grade OD such as this one.
This one looks real nice. Can we have clips?

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Clips will come, I'm recording with my band soon!

It ran about $200 with shipping to Sweden. Not too shabby at all!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Nope, not too bad at all.
Seeing as a TS808 runs around 170. I'm sure this is better than your standard 808 though.
I just need something transparent to boost my amp into thicker overdrive, and perhaps to get some dirt at lower volumes.
This looks real interesting, or I may go for a Butler Tube driver in the future if my budget allows.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i was *this* close to buying one of those, but im cheap and just made my own tubescreamer instead. i regret not buying one though, because now im wanting to build another just to use to boost the first one haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Congrats, Gabe! Good to hear from you again. Definitely cheers to slats for making it happen.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011

I asked a lot of you guys here, but Slats was first to respond so... I thank you a lot for doing it man!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

awesome dude!

cant wait to hear it in comparison to the OCD

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Nice Gabe! Can't wait for clips

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
all around!

Quote by darkarbiter7
I'm sure this is better than your standard 808 though.
I just need something transparent to boost my amp into thicker overdrive, and perhaps to get some dirt at lower volumes.

One of the perks of helping Gabe out was getting to make sure the pedal worked before I shipped it. It is nicer than a TS808 (which I own), especially if you're looking for a glassier boost/OD. I really loved it in front of my AC30. It's now on my short gas list.

Damn you, Gabe!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
IMO, it should be on everybody's GAS list, it's just that awesome! I love it to death.

Actually over here in Sweden it's...

(BRACE FOR IMPACT!)

$500!

YES!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^ I got mine for $95.

EDIT: $500 US? I wonder how many they sell at that price......
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by muffinman123192
^ I got mine for $95.
I'm sorry, gloating about cheap gear is gracious.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by muffinman123192
^ I got mine for $95.

EDIT: $500 US? I wonder how many they sell at that price......

I dunno, but probably not a lot...

Is yours the MOSFET one, or just the reulgar one? The MOSFET is very good IMO! Really thickens the tone. Gives it very sweet tone.

The Fulldrive sounds very glassy as slats said. It has a kind of Tubescreamer character, but is much more transparent. Tubescreamers have a way of being a bit too nasal, because of the mid bump, lacking some defineition at cases and most of all, bass. The Fulldrive does not only not take away bass, but wiht the MOSFET on, you'll get a bit of bass boost (which is good for solos, so they never get spikey). Also the Comp Cut mode makes it a WONDERFUL clean boost, taking away ANY clipping in it. Then you have the Vintage Mode. It's basically a Tubescreamer+ you could say. It has all the TS charaterics, but is much smoother, transpparent and doesn't give a bass drop. The Flat Mids mode is virutally the same, but without the Mid Bump, making it even more transparent. I can really not find any faults with this pedal. Same with my OCD.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

No mine's the non-mosfet one. It's the one with black knobs. I didn't even know they made a MOSFET one until I had bought it.

Now you make me feel like I'm missing out.

I really love this for my lead tone, but I don't like it for rhythm. I don't find it very tight. I'm probably gonna sell my PH-3 and pick up a Metal Muff to use when I'm playing heavier rhythms.

EDIT: Dude you should make a video comparing the OCD and FD2 with your Rocker!
Ben
Actually, good news for everyone...

As some might know I'm a filmmaker. To support me (and as an 18 year birthday gift) we're getting a camera. We're getting a Canon XH A1.

Anyway, I'm going to do some new amp and gear vids. Unlike the old ones, these will be higher quality. The best part is that the camera has 2xXLR inputs (and phantom power too!), so I will use an SM57 for all of the videos. I'll film a bunch of them too. Unlike the old ones, which we're supposed to be a series, I'll just film all of them and put them up.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

HUZZAH!
Clips FTW!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, I'll do of the Rocker 30, OCD, Fulldrive, 18 watter and so on.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Actually, good news for everyone...

As some might know I'm a filmmaker. To support me (and as an 18 year birthday gift) we're getting a camera. We're getting a Canon XH A1.

Anyway, I'm going to do some new amp and gear vids. Unlike the old ones, these will be higher quality. The best part is that the camera has 2xXLR inputs (and phantom power too!), so I will use an SM57 for all of the videos. I'll film a bunch of them too. Unlike the old ones, which we're supposed to be a series, I'll just film all of them and put them up.

Looking forward to those.

Nice pedal BTW, i've been on the hunt for a drive/fuzz unit for months now.

I saw the Fulldrive in a store last time I went so now i'm tempted to try it out.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
excellent! nice work slats too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?