I have a big problem. I understand the concept that studying more will get you better grades. Every time I have a test, I sit down and study. However, I can barely concentrate. I often just sit and daydream. No matter how hard I try, I just cant find the concentration. Its worse if there is something distracting me, but usually there is not. This is a BIG problem that I NEED to fix. Any help? Thanks
I can study period. If I try I just fall asleep.

I dont really need to anyway, I have a really good memory, and always do good on tests.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

well for starters, get off of UG.....
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Try listening to soft classical music in the background.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
I've tried the music and it didn't work. I don't need to put away distractions. I am wide awake, but I just sit there and daydream. I know there are Uni students out there that could help.
I'am the same way, I believe they often diagnose this trait as ADHD, or just ADD.

Just re-read over and over again, try your best to get the most material you can in. You don't need to be one of those douschebags who think they are smarter because they invest countless hours a night into studying while everyone else enjoys life. Just retain what you can, and are interested in retaining, do your best and in turn you'll be doing yourself a favour.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
incorporate what you're studying in your day dreams. and force urself to be interested in what you're doign. thats' all i can say, and i can't say very much cuz i have this problem, and i still do.
i know EXACTLY how you feel

even when you try, you cant but help get distracted/ start daydreaming

i have not found a solution
I have found that the best way to study if to offer yourself a reward. Say you promise yourself to study two chapters in the next five hours, your reward can be an hour of watching your favorite band's DVD or something like that.

Incentives are great motivation.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Take some Ritalin (sp). Or some other potent drug that quells your short attention span.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.

I'm kidding of course. Try eating healthy and working out (if you don't already). Set aside a special place to study, quiet and not too bright.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Take some Ritalin (sp). Or some other potent drug that quells your short attention span.

I definatly don't have ADD, I can concentrate on things for a long period of time, but I simply have this particualr problem
Quote by FuriousRyder
Try listening to soft classical music in the background.

That never works for me. If anyone is trying to talk to me while there's music on I have to turn it off because my brain automatically tunes to the music and concentrates on it really hard. So for me, Music = Ultimate Distraction.