I am getting an sg and i cant decide between the cherry and the black. So i am just going to get whatever angus used.
black in his early career and red later on i think
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
`get the cherry, regardless of whether angus used it or not, it is beautiful.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
He used cherry red. I love that colour, I didn't like sg's at all before I saw one in that colour. Now I like them all
Just to warn you, the cherry is a LOT less red in person. It borders on brown until it's in BRIGHT BRIGHT lights, then it's nice and red. I say get the cherry though, because the black one shows fingerprints and it gets ugly.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
red?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I am getting an sg and i cant decide between the cherry and the black. So i am just going to get whatever angus used.

It flaming pink
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Flying Couch
Cherry.

You ought to get worn brown, though.

I have a cherry SG and I love the color, the brown seems kinda blah to me. I bought it because of Mr. Young's inspiration.

Note in some live performances I have seen him use a black SG, but most often, probably 90 percent of the time he uses his dark cherry signature, if you are buying the gibson standard the color is virtually identical. please keep in mind his signature, aside from the shape and the color is very different including signature pick up, tremolo, angus insignias and pick guard(he does change the pickguard every so often live from retro 60's skinny version to fatter sg standard version pick guard.) either way good luck!

one more thing, I have read that the signature pick up is very sensitive, very hot and people say the pick up is not very versatile but nails his sound dead on.

look into his retro gibson blues rhythm/neck pick up, it is beautiful.
well, the most famous is the cherry SG, but recently he has been using an ebony SG.

Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by wakekid2001
I have a cherry SG and I love the color, the brown seems kinda blah to me. I bought it because of Mr. Young's inspiration.

Note in some live performances I have seen him use a black SG, but most often, probably 90 percent of the time he uses his dark cherry signature, if you are buying the gibson standard the color is virtually identical. please keep in mind his signature, aside from the shape and the color is very different including signature pick up, tremolo, angus insignias and pick guard(he does change the pickguard every so often live from retro 60's skinny version to fatter sg standard version pick guard.) either way good luck!

one more thing, I have read that the signature pick up is very sensitive, very hot and people say the pick up is not very versatile but nails his sound dead on.

Yeah, mine's cherry, and I love it, too - I just think brown is gorgeous.
Quote by wakekid2001

look into his retro gibson blues rhythm/neck pick up, it is beautiful.

Neck? IIRC, his sig pickup is bridge-only.
Well just so theres no confusion i want an epiphone g400 sg. I cant afford a gibson. Maybe i should have said that sooner, but anyway is the cherry finish on the epiphone as nice as on the gibson?
I always thought the colour was, "Wine Red". I think Cherry is a slightly lighter colour.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

And i didnt say i want to be like angus young. I just got tired of flipping coins a long time ago.
Quote by Harmonius
I always thought the colour was, "Wine Red". I think Cherry is a slightly lighter colour.

Wine Red is what they use for LP Studios, I believe. Cherry and Faded Cherry are the color designations Gibson uses for the SG.
Quote by Flying Couch
Wine Red is what they use for LP Studios, I believe. Cherry and Faded Cherry are the color designations Gibson uses for the SG.

Ah, question answered.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Flying Couch
Cherry.

You ought to get worn brown, though.

Wrong he has always used the same guitar which is a cherry red SG. It can look black though it dark light.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Cherry in the early days.
I think it was actually a 1963 model,or a '67. I can't remember,but it has since been retired.

I don't know if you've seen much live stuff,but he uses a red one with his black uniform and a black one with his red uniform.

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/312/

I see 2 guitars there,Classicrock1169