4 29%
Electro Harmonix
3 21%
Boss
0 0%
Other
4 29%
Voters: 14.
I'm looking for a fuzz to get a Page, Hendrix, Gilmour and Clapton tone. I am interested in the Sola Sound Tonebender, but unfortunately its hard to find and too expensive. But im looking for a a fuzz that gets a good classic rock fuzz sound. I'm thinking about getting the Jim Dunlop Fuzz Face. And what do you think is better, Germanium or Silicone?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Last edited by jordy-77 at Jun 16, 2008,
Germanium is better for classic tones. Are you looking at the Dallas Arbiter one or the Hendrix one?

There are also other fuzzes that are better than the Fuzz Face imo. What's your budget?
my budget is almost anything up to a certain point. But I'm interested in the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face, but how does it compare to the Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face? And what would you recommend for a fuzz.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Well, I don't like the fuzz face particularly.

There are 2 other fuzzes that I would look at if i wanted a versatile fuzz; The Fuzz Factory and the Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz. You could also snag a vintage Muff if that's the kind of tone that you would be open to.

They both run for a bit more than the Jimi fuzz so around 165-180 USD. I've seen vintage muffs go for about 210.
^ Yes. Thats pretty much exactly what you need to look for.

Although the 70s fuzz sounds pretty amazing as well. If you can try em, do it. Theres a point where they're all good, it just depends on what sound is right for you.

And yes, the jimi fuzz factory ive only heard negative things about.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Lets see:
Page used the tone bender
Gilmour used a Silicon Fuzz Face and later a Big Muff
Hendrix used a Germanium Fuzz Face and a Silicon Fuzz Face
Clapton used a Germanium Fuzz Face (in cream).

I'd avoid the Muff if I were you. The Tone Bender is really cool, and easier to find than you may think. You can nab a used Fulltone Soul Bender off eBay, or you can build your own from BYOC. They make an excellent clone. The Silicon Fuzz Face sounds good for you too. You can get a Hartman Electronics Silicon Fuzz for a decent price, and the new MXR Classic 108 sounds pretty sweet too.

I'd suggest you go to your local boutique guitar store, and see what they have in the fuzz world, and try EVERYTHING out. Then you know what you like, and then you can buy it without having to base everything off of the internet.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
There are a lot of tonebender clones out there. Throbak, fulltone, BYOC, Sweetsound, DAM, MG Pedals, MJM, Monsterpiece, and Proanalog all make tonebenders.
yah ive been looking at the Classic 108 Fuzz but i dont know when it comes out. But I'm really interested in the Hendrix Fuzz, whats so bad about it?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Actually, I hear the new Hendrix Fuzz is supposed to be pretty fair. It's the red ones you really shouldn't go after, I've heard them called crap quite often.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
ok thanks alot, its between the Hendrix Fuzz Face or the MXR Classic 108, and I'm pretty sure they are the same tonewise, am I correct?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Basically so, yes. They're both silicon Fuzz Face circuits, with what (I'm pretty sure) are the same transistors.

So, pretty much, it comes down to which enclosure you prefer.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
you could look into the one in my sig maybe?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era