I have been playing for awhile now, I started out playing acoustic. I then switched to electric and started playing alittle lead. To be very honest, my solos just suck. I can improvise with pentatonics, major and minor. I just can't get a good sound. Any help please?
listen to some of your favorite artists, and imitate them.
you learn by imitation. EVH sat there and played along with whatever was on the radio.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Not much to do really... Learn other people's solo to get some ideas, and figure out some licks. Doodle around (use a backing track, really helps) and learn from there.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by XianXiuHong
Drum machine, do some riffs and and stuff on them, place riff(s) on repeat, solo over key, solo until something sounds good.

+1
if you dont want to buy all that stuff though put on a cd loud enough to hear the drums but not loud enough to where you hear the solo over YOUR guitar, and jam along improvise in the same key...see what fits...see what doesnt...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.