B
14 11%
High E
69 53%
they all break at an equal amount
11 8%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
In 2.5 years of playing guitar, I have never broken a string (I've also never used any brand other than Ernie Ball...). So, for me they all break an equal amount.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
my most accomplished breakage ever was my e string on my bass, funkin jerry only skull busters, piece of ****e.
but yeah, normaly its my high e.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by FLNagle
In 2.5 years of playing guitar, I have never broken a string (I've also never used any brand other than Ernie Ball...). So, for me they all break an equal amount.

*reported* for advertising! (j/k )

I always bend the B like crazy, so that explains it for me. I can't see anyone breaking any other strings though...
i used to break them all the time before i knew what i was doing. The only way i've broken a string recently has been when changing strings, and i still dont see how it happens
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
B.
I broke it twice in one day once...

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
I broke my D string a week ago, I was just playing the rhythm part of the trooper and when I was palm muting some power chords it just broke!!! I was choked because i got floyd rose
definitely the high E. i break the high E even before the strings corrode or rust.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Through many sets of strings, I've broken two that I can remember. The G string on an acoustic and a high E on an acoustic 12 string.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Tenacious D'er
Twice High E once Low E - imma gonna put High E in the poll

I'm scared when my low E breaks it will snap my face....

high E for me.
I break my D string a bit, but that's because I use open A and open E a bit. Only happens on my Ibanez, though, and always at the bridge.

I never break strings when i play, only when I tune.
Well i've only been playing for two months, but the only strings i've broken are my high e and b strings, both while restringing.
high E..i dont think i have any extra high E strings...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I've broken only a few strings in my life.... i think they were mostly the high e
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
my searchbar breaks the most often.........cause i actually use it!
Turquoise Team Beasts!
I used to always snap my high E when I still used .09's 'cause of bending too high, but now I use .11 and I can do 2 full and a half bends without it breaking, so the only one that sometimes breaks is the A because I get too excited and hit a powerchord too hard .
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
The last string to have broken on me was my high E string only because I over tighten it.

1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I haven't broken any strings for about a year and a half. My Squier seemed to do it as if addicted, but my other guitars don't feel the urge.
I break the low e constantly... I don't know a single person that breaks as many strings as I do. Sucks cos its generally the same one so i need to get new strings each time, can't just use another one from the pack. I have snapped all of them at least once though.
Angel's stone
Obnoxious truth? Blatant lies? Begin to divine paranoia's guise.
Well, I guess the b-string breaks most, I have broken string only once...they just don't seem to break, and I'm happy with that.
High E by far the most,which is logical.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
I've voted A as that's the string I did mostly break. Since I've worked on my technique I haven't broken a string for almost a year.
i think ive broken the low E and the A more then n e of thin lol...prolly cause i like to gallop and vibrato them....but imma say A
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
I'm forever breaking E strings. I'm too used to bass, so give me a guitar and I'll break strings.
Quote by highvoltage66
well my g string seems to be the only one that ever breaks on my ibanez. i was replacing the string as i made this thread.
Then you need to check the bridge saddles.
My high E breaks when I'm down tuning, tuning back to standard or anything that involves messing with it.....I think there''s something wrong with that section of my nut....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Wasted Resource
I bust g strings all the time.

bahaha, sorry I just had to laugh.
Anyway, I break the Low E and A strings pretty chronically. Occasionally the high E will break on me. I'm also a heavy galloper/bender on the lower strings.
I broke a G string fingering A minor. (but seriously high E obviously because it's the lowest gauge.)
Play to Live, Live to Play...
Quote by highvoltage66
well my g string seems to be the only one that ever breaks on my ibanez. i was replacing the string as i made this thread.

LMAO! Could of been phrased better?
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by highvoltage66
well my g string seems to be the only one that ever breaks...

Page 1 of 2