so searched and found this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301945&highlight=new+coldplay+album

but its old.

I got it for fathers day for my dad and i ripped it to my mac and i like it. Its nice to change from metal all the time for some gentle melodies. but anyway. My fav tracks are, violet hill, viva la vida and strawberry swing.

Its gone multi platinum in 3 days and sold over 3million lol.

Anyone else like it ?
Quote by LinkManDX
Radiohead > Coldplay

yeah i agree dude.

good job a got a radiohead ticket for next wednesday week.. going to be brUtalz. victoria park in london.
i hoestly tried listning to and liking it but i really just cant stand that band, alas i tried.
good luck to them though the front man would be best utilized sending restless babies to sleep.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Chuck Klosterman said in one of his books (Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs) that Coldplay was a rip off of a band (can't remember the name) that is a rip off of Radiohead.

You have two degrees of separation right there.
Quote by LinkManDX
Chuck Klosterman said in one of his books (Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs) that Coldplay was a rip off of a band (can't remember the name) that is a rip off of Radiohead.

i agree to a certain extent. But radiohead used loads of pink floyds techniques and moody blues.

But every story and idea is an altered version found in the bible.

The only other book in the world to have been published more than the bible is the IKEA catalogue.
Quote by GrissomFan
good job a got a radiohead ticket for next wednesday week.. going to be brUtalz. victoria park in london.

I really hope you were being ironic. "Brutal" should never be used to describe Radiohead.

And this should go in the Coldplay thread (look in Modern Rock I'd guess).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
From what I've listened to so far, its quite decent.
Violet Hill is a great tune.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
coldplay is superior to radiohead in every way.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by LinkManDX

He said they were a mediocre photocopy of Travis who were themselves a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead. But he also admitted later in the book that his entire dislike of Coldplay was because a girl chose them over him, so I'm not sure this criticism is valid.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Coldplay is nothing like Radiohead..

edit: Travis is a great band too. Neither of them are ground breaking, but who cares?
Quote by kennyvspenny

yeah no.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by kennyvspenny

Not syllable-wise. Ra-di-o-head totally kicks Cold-play's sorry two syllable ass.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by snipelfritz
And this should go in the Coldplay thread (look in Modern Rock I'd guess).

maybe read the first post.

I think radiohead are very good...and also coldplay.

Coldplay have a very powerful orchestral sound.

Radiohead is more distinctive and unique. radiohead are more experimental with equipment i think.
Quote by kennyvspenny

please never say that again. you should be arrested for even thinking that. this is not a matter of opinion. this is an objective fact.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
please never say that again. you should be arrested for even thinking that.

Right..God forbid someone have a unique opinion.
Quote by GrissomFan
maybe read the first post.

The most recent post in that thread was three hours ago.

Coldplay and Radiohead are really two completely different bands.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i agree with the guy above me...coldplay and radiohead aren't even similar in my mind. they're both great though and the new coldplay album from what i've heard so far is amazing.
nothing to see here
i hate coldplay so much. terrible music.

that is all.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
You know how I know you're gay?
Because you listen to Coldplay.

(it's a reference, so don't flame me.)
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
You know how I know you're gay?
Because you listen to Coldplay.

(it's a reference, so don't flame me.)

40 Year Old Virgin ?
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
40 Year Old Virgin ?

Are you sure?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Is the quote from the movie ?

You answered with a question. That means you are unsure. Answer with some conviction, and I shall give you the answer you desire.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by civildp1
He said they were a mediocre photocopy of Travis who were themselves a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead. But he also admitted later in the book that his entire dislike of Coldplay was because a girl chose them over him, so I'm not sure this criticism is valid.

Yeah I remember reading that. He's a real intelligent guy and it's cool that he's really into sports too but he's so damn disorganized. Like he trails off the point too much and if someone who doesn't read on a regular basis read it they'd get lost on like every page.
Lets face it, every band is a rip-off of another band. If it weren't for Radiohead, then maybe there wouldn't be Coldplay - but this world is a lot better with them.

Also, I wouldn't say rip-off, I'd say inspired by.

Personally, I enjoy Coldplay more than Radiohead. They're one of the very few bands that I enjoyed 7 years ago that I still enjoy today.
Quote by BGSM
Lets face it, every band is a rip-off of another band. If it weren't for Radiohead, then maybe there wouldn't be Coldplay - but this world is a lot better with them.

Also, I wouldn't say rip-off, I'd say inspired by.

Personally, I enjoy Coldplay more than Radiohead. They're one of the very few bands that I enjoyed 7 years ago that I still enjoy today.

+1 concur
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
I might buy the album simply because they used a Delacroix painting for the cover.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Nice. A thread meant to discuss the album turned into a NO THIS BAND IS BETTER thread.
Your opinions are rightfully yours. Don't force it on others by declaring who's the best.
/preach

Violet Hill is my favorite track in the album. All in all, it's good music. Slightly different from Parachutes. Nevertheless, good tunes.

I still prefer Parachutes though. What an album.
HI GUYS!