What would you do if your in a band and your drummer rocks! at playing drums... but he is the most annoying argent person in the world! who is also a drama queen. he also thinks he is the jesus of music. which is just not true. what would you do if this guy was in your! band?
talking just does not seem to work. he remains the same.
kick him out...let him know hes not the best and prove it to him by kicking him out. egos are a pain, and people with big ones gotta be taught.
What do you mean 'if'?
All of that, apart from him thinking he's the jesus of music, describes our drummer down to a tee.
We just laugh at him and take the piss.
Mind you, me and the guitarist have been playing in bands with him since the early 90s, and the bassist has been with us for 8 years, so we're used to him now.... and he's used to us taking the piss.
People are all different, and you will be hard pushed to find any band member who doesn't occasionaly do something to piss you off, so having a thick skin and the ability to take everything with a pinch of salt is probably the best way to go.
I've noticed over the years that many musicians in bands fall out over the most trivial stuff, probably because most musicians have an artistic temprement and an ego that goes with it.
Patience is a virtue, especialy in a band.
I try to seperate my personal opinions of people when it comes to bands. Unless it's having an effect on the music there's really no need to kick him out. It's really one of those areas where you just have to deal with it. That or just relax and turn it into a big running joke.
I think it really depends on how much you need him. Like our drummer, yeah he gets annoying sometimes, but he's so essential to our thrash sound and he knows what he's doing. We couldn't really replace him. Our recording doesn't say it, but he's one of the best drummers I've played with.

Now, if it gets to the point where it's becoming intolerable, you should really discuss with the other members what you should do. We had a singer that was good, but he was so effing annoying that we all sat down and decided the best thing to do was just to kick him out. Like said, it all depends on how much he's needed. Hope that helps.
Ben
Well, being a drummer, and the jesus of music (sorry i cant help being an asshole), I would say keep him in the band, because most of the drummers i know SUCK, and truely good ones are hard to come by.

Of course, believing you are the jesus of music is the first step to BEING the jesus of music, so have faith, and if he dies and comes back to life, he wasnt lying.

~Zacky Zoijian
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Stick with him, he must have some justification for thinking in the way he does. Our drummer used to thin he was the **** at drums, he wasn't AMAZING then but we stuck with him because drums was the only thing he was in the remotest bit cocky about. No he has next to no confidence in his abilities but he is possibly the second best drummer we know and since he plays a miriad of othwer musical instruments he knows exactly what he is talking abvout he puts in an opinion for writing songs with us
i would kick him and aftr like 3 days ask if he learned the lesson. i he did welcome back
Quote by devit
i would kick him and aftr like 3 days ask if he learned the lesson. i he did welcome back

Bit of a ball ache if he just says 'Sod you!' and goes and joins another band though.
Y'see, drummers can do that, especialy good drummers, who are so rare, thousands of bands are crying out for them.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Bit of a ball ache if he just says 'Sod you!' and goes and joins another band though.
Y'see, drummers can do that, especialy good drummers, who are so rare, thousands of bands are crying out for them.

What?
Quote by Aussieloco
What?

It's called English. You know, real English, not English Lite, or English Charms or whatever you guys speak

Just kidding

TS, I reckon you should try and stick it out but if he really is that bad that you don't enjoy playing with him then maybe it'd be good for you to get shot of him.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
well it depends how much of an ass-hole this guy is.
first of all, how did he get in your band? is he actually friends with anyone in your band?
what do your other band members think?
Quote by Aussieloco
What?

It's an English colloqualism, originaly meaning a small piece of turf, just big enough to throw at someone. In slang it is generaly used as a more polite version of how the word 'fu*k' is used.
You could say 'Sod off!' or 'Sodding hell!' or 'I spilled my sodding pint!' but in some instances, it jusy doesn't work as a replacement for 'fu*k.'
For instance, you wouldn't say 'I sodded her, and her sister!' you wouldn't call something that's gone wrong a 'Sod up.' and you wouldn't say 'Get the sod outta here' to someone.
The Americans have a term when they are calling someone stupid, they say 'You stupid fu*k!' which to everyone in England sounds odd, because 'fu*k' is an action. It's like saying 'You stupid jump' or 'You stupid run' or 'You stupid lie down.' That's why an English person would instead say 'You stupid fu*ker!' because that then turns the word into an object.' (a person, or other, that fu*ks)
But 'sod,' already being an object, lends itself to name calling very well and shouts of 'You sod!' (which can also have the words 'stupid,' 'daft' or 'silly' preceeding the word 'sod') can be heard regularly in England, although not quite as much as it used to be heard.
and you would think Americans would know all that considering they used to BE the English.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It's an English colloqualism, originaly meaning a small piece of turf, just big enough to throw at someone. In slang it is generaly used as a more polite version of how the word 'fu*k' is used.
You could say 'Sod off!' or 'Sodding hell!' or 'I spilled my sodding pint!' but in some instances, it jusy doesn't work as a replacement for 'fu*k.'
For instance, you wouldn't say 'I sodded her, and her sister!' you wouldn't call something that's gone wrong a 'Sod up.' and you wouldn't say 'Get the sod outta here' to someone.
The Americans have a term when they are calling someone stupid, they say 'You stupid fu*k!' which to everyone in England sounds odd, because 'fu*k' is an action. It's like saying 'You stupid jump' or 'You stupid run' or 'You stupid lie down.' That's why an English person would instead say 'You stupid fu*ker!' because that then turns the word into an object.' (a person, or other, that fu*ks)
But 'sod,' already being an object, lends itself to name calling very well and shouts of 'You sod!' (which can also have the words 'stupid,' 'daft' or 'silly' preceeding the word 'sod') can be heard regularly in England, although not quite as much as it used to be heard.

where the hell do you get all your knowledge from?!?!?!
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
where the hell do you get all your knowledge from?!?!?!

er, for the post you quoted, you get that just from living in the UK and having a decent education.

For all his other knowledge, i think he's getting messages directly from god.
Quote by 12345abcd3
er, for the post you quoted, you get that just from living in the UK and having a decent education.

For all his other knowledge, i think he's getting messages directly from god.

hahaha i have the first two..well still in the decent education bit lol..

and yeah, god is slacker's friend.....

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Dunjma
and you would think Americans would know all that considering they used to BE the English.

Yeah, but Americans also used to be the Spanish, the Italians, the Chinise, the Irish, the Dutch, the French, the Africans and also some native Americans, or Red Indians as we would call them.

Quote by Hoodoo Child
hahaha i have the first two..well still in the decent education bit lol..

and yeah, god is slacker's friend.....

But.....

I'm an atheist.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by SlackerBabbath

But.....

I'm an atheist.

oh well. fine..someone who knows alot of stuff is your friend then

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, he's a clever sod too!

hahaha, he must be to supply you with all of your immense knowledge

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, but Americans also used to be the Spanish, the Italians, the Chinise, the Irish, the Dutch, the French, the Africans and also some native Americans, or Red Indians as we would call them.

But.....

I'm an atheist.

Isn't it just common knowledge that 80% of the people on UG are atheist?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

ah.. true that..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
I would keep him as long as you work well together musically and can't find anyone better. I do advise doing something to knock off him off his high horse though. Such as recording band practice and showing him spots where he goes off-time.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It's like saying 'You stupid jump' or 'You stupid run' or 'You stupid lie down.'

haha "you stupid lie down" cracks me up
Quote by Aussieloco
Isn't it just common knowledge that 80% of the people on UG are atheist?

Yeah, like the way 80% play metal.

Hmm coincidence?

=
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by MrCoffee2366623
What would you do if your in a band and your drummer rocks! at playing drums... but he is the most annoying argent person in the world! who is also a drama queen. he also thinks he is the jesus of music. which is just not true. what would you do if this guy was in your! band?
talking just does not seem to work. he remains the same.

Oh sweet jesus I've been there exactly. He was a great drummer but he thought he was God and when push came to shove, we tossed him overboard and left him in the water. You can try and work it out but that's not how it went with us. We tried, we failed, we took drastic action.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
What do you mean 'if'?
I've noticed over the years that many musicians in bands fall out over the most trivial stuff, probably because most musicians have an artistic temprement and an ego that goes with it.
Patience is a virtue, especialy in a band.

*cough* *cough* guns n' roses *cough*

I'd keep the drummer if he is as good as you say he is.