well i love boss, and want a fuzz pedal. my friend says to get analog fuzz no matter what, but idk about his advice always. i googled fuzz pedal threads and forum posts, and theres way too many fuzz pedals its too overwhelming..so i think im choosing boss. i don't like my friends seymour duncan tweakfuzz cause it wasn't dirty enough, not enough treble, too cloudy sounding. i want a dirty fuzz pedal, and pretty much decided on boss, so hers my question. boss fuzz fz-2 hyper fuzz ,fz-3 or fz-5???

i can only find videos/demos/hearings for the new fz-5. any advice on which is the best for tweakable, loud fuzz? all i use for distortion is my boss ds-1 if that helps..

anyone have videos/demos or suggestions for the fz-2 or 3?

comparisons help too, feedback, etc.

sorry for the long post

thanks guys!
ive never played one, but i have never heard a single good thing about boss fuzzes.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
boss fuzz sucks, that's why you have never heard anything good about them. They sound thin and scooped.
Agreed. Dont go boss fuzz. For 100$ (?), you can easily get a muuuch better fuzz. Check out big muff if your on a budget. Go with fulltone 70's/fuzzface/fuzzfactory if your not
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
Agreed. Dont go boss fuzz. For 100$ (?), you can easily get a muuuch better fuzz. Check out big muff if your on a budget. Go with fulltone 70's/fuzzface/fuzzfactory if your not

+1

Also, if you have the ducats, check out a Hoof Fuzz.
alrite thanks for the replys guys...i'm starting to be convinced not to go with boss on this one...but i love all their other stuff still!
Haha you can believe what you wanna believe...but more often than not, boss is at best, mediocre. Look beyond guitar center. Youll be rewarded with ammazing tone.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Check out the mellowtone Wolf Computer. Look it up on youtube. Very cool fuzz pedal thats hand built. He builds a couple pretty much every week and puts them up on ebay. I would also check out Devi Ever fuzzes which are absolutely amazing.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Dont buy a boss fuzz. One of the biggest mistakes the shopping guitar player can make is becoming a specific brand fanboy. All brands make garbage products, and MOST brands make at least one thing thats actually pretty good. Be on the look out for what is good, and what isnt, and really, dont pay THAT much attention to brand name.

That being said, if you're looking for a dirty fuzz under $100, you can always go the big muff route, though that may be too smooth for you. Look at both of the MI Audio Fuzzes, and the BBE Free Fuzz. All 4 of those are under $100, and miles ahead of the boss garbage.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
There are much better fuzzes but the guy from Gilmourish seems to like his Boss Fuzz, forgot which one it was though. He mentions it on the site.

Anywho for the price, there are many more options that will provide a more natural and usable fuzz tone.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows