ok guys, my friend was gonna buy a tube amp, i tried to get him to get a decent combo like a valveking, or a bugera, but after all our conversations and my endless rants about how tube amps pwn ss, this jackass went out and bought an MG halfstack. I guess hes asking for it but anyway whats pissing me off is that now he thinks its the best amp in the world and that its better than any tube amp, he even thinks its better than my dsl and hes telling me that i have no concept of tone and that i dont know what real tone is. What do you guys suggest i do to turn his little MG fanboy train around. I just want him to understand what im trying to do ya know.
My Gear
gibson les paul standard 50's neck
Taylor 210e
Michael kelly patriot shadow
strat copy
squire :p
marshall dsl 100
peavey windsor straight and slant/W/wgs veteran 30's
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
still cant believe you haven't bitchslapped this dude already...

Anyways, no sense of trying to convince a 'fanboy", i say leave him alone and he will find out for himself
There are already enough "MGs suck" type of threads. I really don't think we need another one.

That said, if for whatever reason your friend likes his MG, then I don't think it's your place to ruin it for him. Remember, tone, or lack thereof, is subjective.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Haha let him go. My friends are like that with Spiders and I hate it.
Sometimes you can't do anything, no matter what your intentions are. Just let him know you tried to stop him from making a big mistake, but he wouldn't listen, and that someday he'll (hopefully) understand, and when he does, he knows who to blame. Meanwhile, I say you let him go on with his fanboy whatever thing. He just bought a new amp and he's excited about it. If he keeps being arrogant about it, maybe he'll run into people who actually have a good ear and make a fool of himself by bragging about his mg. I'm not wishing him wrong but, you know, it's just one of those little experiences where one learns about life... or at least tone lol
soon enough he'll reach a point where he actually listens to what he's playing and will realize how it sounds. happened to me a while after i got my first acoustic guitar.
open up his mg and disconnect all the resistors
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
lol i dont wanna get shocked
My Gear
gibson les paul standard 50's neck
Taylor 210e
Michael kelly patriot shadow
strat copy
squire :p
marshall dsl 100
peavey windsor straight and slant/W/wgs veteran 30's
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
Wait til he tries to record something. I know first hand. With my Metal Muff hooked up, it's a huge improvement but it sounds so much worse recorded than through the speakers.