Page 1 of 2
I'm home alone, and the phone rings. I was in the middle of something and it was like 10:30 P.M. and my parents were out. I ran to the phone, and answered. The guy goes 'Hi, I am with Specialty Travels and we would like to speak with Jim (My Dad's Name)'

I told him that he wasn't home, and then he goes "I know this is Jim, so why don't you just drop the act and talk to me" I told him that he was gone, and the guy got very angry. "Jim, why don't you want to talk to me! *awkward pause* I will talk to Jim soon." Then all I hear is the blank tone of a hungup phone.

Wtf?

Share stories of telemarketers.
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
I was a telemarketer (well, kind of) a few summers ago, but I think I was more afraid of the people I called than they were of me.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Hmm well this didn't happen to me but a guy I know was home alone, and the phone rings. He was in the middle of something and it was like 10:30 P.M. and his parents were out. He ran to the phone, and answered. The guy goes 'Hi, I am with Specialty Travels and we would like to speak with Jim (His Dad's Name)'

He told him that he wasn't home, and then he goes "I know this is Jim, so why don't you just drop the act and talk to me" He told him that he was gone, and the guy got very angry. "Jim, why don't you want to talk to me! *awkward pause* I will talk to Jim soon." Then all he heard is the blank tone of a hungup phone.

Wtf?
My signature is stupid.
that might be a sign that you and your dad sound alike. wierd...
you should call that guy back and apologize. maybe he's a long lost friend trying to make up for something. try to make it the most awkward call ever

these wierd asians keep calling and pronouncing our last name wrong. but that's about it
Earlier today a telemarketer called and said "Hi, this is ___ from ____ can I speak with [insert fathers name]?"

me: "No."

her: "Thank you, have a nice day *hangs up*"
Me: *puzzled look on face*
all i know is i keep trying to call my friend whom i haven't talked to in FOREVER and when he answers he pretends to be someone else and says he isn't home.

wtf?
I do not sound like my father, he sounds like an old man with a ****ing kangaroo in his throat.

At least I hope I don't sound like that
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
a friend of mine received a call from a non-english speaking person, well... they could kinda speak english, but not very well.
Every time they tried to sell him something he said "No you're not"
the call went for about 10 minutes, and all he said was "No you're not" even if it didn't fit, it was freaken hilarious!! cos the poor girl had no idea what was going on, but was still trying to sell him sh!t!!
"If you buy with us now, I can also throw in this free weekend holiday!"
"no you're not" *pause*
"and i can also do <this>"
"no you're not" *pause*
gold!!
um this morning a guy from that wamu bank called,and the he started to say all this BS,so i put the phone up to my amp and played raining blood,the end
One time a telemarketer called and my mom answered. They asked for my Dad, and she said he died. But here's the funny thing, he never actually died! Boy did that telemarketer get fooled! Gee Willickers.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by saitenslayer
um this morning a guy from that wamu bank called,and the he started to say all this BS,so i put the phone up to my amp and played raining blood,the end

aah a new way to deal with those pesky telemarketers...thank you.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by RU Experienced?
Earlier today a telemarketer called and said "Hi, this is ___ from ____ can I speak with [insert fathers name]?"

me: "No."

her: "Thank you, have a nice day *hangs up*"
Me: *puzzled look on face*

That happens quite a lot
What you have to do is start up a conversation like he's an old friend.

"Hi, this is Kevin from ____. May i speak with the owner of the household?"
"DUDE! Kev!! How you been? Got any ass lately?"

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Telemarketer: Hello, may I speak to Mrs. Bothwell, please?
Me: No, she's not in right now, can I ask who's calling?
Telemarketer: No.
*click*

Telemarketer: Hello, I'm calling from [travel company who'd been calling every day for the last week], may I speak to Mr or Mrs. Bothwell, please?
Me: Sure.
*click*

Telemarketer: Hello, is this Steve Bothwell (mispronounces last name horribly)?
Me: He's out at the moment, can I ask who's calling?
Telemarketer: [long pause] Hello, Mr. Bothwell, I'm calling to see if you're interested in discounted...
Me: No, I don't think you understand. He's not in.
Telemarketer: [long pause] Hello, Mr. Bothwell, I'm calling to see if you're interested in...
Me: No, he's not here. Who is this?
(continues like this....)

Telemarketer: Hi, I'm calling from [name of windows and doors company], is the owner of the house available?
Me: I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of a very important game of monopoly and can't talk right now.
*click*
Quote by saitenslayer

i did this but with really high volume and alot of feedback and i just did u bunch of divebomb harmonics with my friend's Jackson...
lol it was funny
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
I answer the phone when they call, scream like a woman and hang up.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
We have the Iraqi people calling us asking for a Larry Newton and we say this isn't his residence and he said yes it is and im bringing you a package of 5million dollars and my mom called him a rag head and he said "do you like big dicks?" and my mom whas like what and the dude said "you like to suck big dick cause I have a big dick" then mom hung up.
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
One time a telemarketer called and my mom answered. They asked for my Dad, and she said he died. But here's the funny thing, he never actually died! Boy did that telemarketer get fooled! Gee Willickers.

I never knew how to spell Gee Willickers until now!
Quote by Mecler
I never knew how to spell Gee Willickers until now!

Well, I'm glad I could help you out!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
The Telemarketer.

Worst Fender guitar ever.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Once a telemarketer called, i asked her what she was wearing and sex questions ( should my penis be driping milk discharges, should my crotch smell like old egg mcmuffins)......they never called back
everytime a telemarketer calls saying that they are going to give me a free dvr box, and if im interested in signing up for direct tv, i always tell them in not interested in your direct tv, but were do i pick up my free dvr box? then they always say thats not how it works or somthin like that
He's coming for you.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Just because my last name is with gonzales they assume i speak spanish. Last time i checked i only know english.

But if a telemarketer calls i hand my phone to my cousin and he starts talking in some random language. Funny stuff. Or i just say Hello a SHiit load of times till they get tired of trying and hang up. =]
Bank calls

Dude"hello, is mr _____ there?"
Me"wait a sec, I'll get him. (shouts out) Hey dad! Phone!"
Dad"Tell them I'm dead"
Me"Yeah, he's dead"
Dude"I'm sorry, did you say he was dead?"
Me"Yeah. Bye"

Next day
Dude"This is Mr ________'s bank calling"
Dad"Oh yeah, this is Mr ________"
Dude"wait, I've been informed you were dead"
Dad"yeah... I was sick"
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
I start speaking in French, so then they get a translator, and then I start speaking in English again. Then, I cue my brother to pick up the other phone and scream 'THERE'S A BOMB UNDER YOUR SEAT!' and then we both hang up.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
One time when I was in college I owned American Express about 6 grand. they called and I said he was dead and they never called back. I did get letters addressed to "The Estate of SenorSmiley" trying to collect but I never had to pay.

I was surprised it worked.
*phone rings*

Trefellin: Hello

Telemarketer: Hello, could I speak to Alex please.

Trefellin: One moment please, I'll see if she's available...

a minute later...

Trefellin: I'm sorry, she has gone out. Could you call back at another time?

Telemarketer: AHHHHHHH FUCKIN'@$#&* FUCKIN' &$%#@ STUPID MUTHERFUCKIN'%@#$%$FUCK^%#*&YOU ASSHOLE!!!

*he slams down the phone*

Trefellin:

Dude went batshit insane when I told him to call back.
Last edited by Trefellin at Oct 10, 2008,
How the heck can you be scared of those people?

Whenever someone calls and its a telemarketer they use my dad's real name so I can pick them out, and then I just mess with them.

Be creative and try to get them mixed up, its really fun.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I usually just be a total arse to them and say the stupidest stuff.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
lol i havent had any cool telemarketer experiences cuz my parents signed us up for the do not call list...but one time someone i didnt know called my cell and i picked up and started asking them if they were interested in a dirty sanchez....turns out it was the little girl that my mother baby sits mom ...oops
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
lol i havent had any cool telemarketer experiences cuz my parents signed us up for the do not call list...but one time someone i didnt know called my cell and i picked up and started asking them if they were interested in a dirty sanchez....turns out it was the little girl that my mother baby sits mom ...oops

lawlz
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
well i go to my friend toms house and a telemarketer calls from texas. We've tried to get him to stop calling so one time he called i answered the phone and acted like i was gay. I swear he siad "hey where do you live we can get together" WTF?!? now he calls everyday so my friend just screams ****!!! into the phone
Quote by Altoidwithmelon

this reminds me. One time I got a call on my cell phone from an unknown number, then they pronounced my name wrong, so i started beaking them, talking very rudely, until they told me I won 200 bucks in a raffle for my hockey tournament...turns out it was true and I felt bad
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Page 1 of 2