What would you guys suggest for:

1. Recording Hardware under $200
2. Instrument Mic (Miking Guitar Amp) under $70
3. Mixing Software and other things needed
1. Onyx Satellite, Presonus Inspire, Art Dual Pre, M Audio Fast Track. From most to least expensive.
2. Used Sm57 or e609.
3. Mackie Traction. Or Cubase LE. Both are often packaged with interfaces.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
i've been suggested firewire devices over usb as they are supposedly faster and superior...can anyone back this up?
1. Onyx Satellite, Presonus Inspire, Art Dual Pre, M Audio Fast Track. From most to least expensive.
2. Used Sm57 or e609.
3. Mackie Traction. Or Cubase LE. Both are often packaged with interfaces.

1. The Onyx
looks like it has quite a lot of inputs, are these all good quality?
2. I like the quality of the Sm57.
3. I'll fiqure this out when I get them.

Thanks for the suggestions, usually I don't get full replies.

Also my Peavey Deuce 212 gives off some feedback that I really don't like. Could this just be from my crap pickups (stock from an Epiphone G-400)? I am going to put some Seymour Duncans in anyways, but I wanna know if my amp is bad for recording.
Feedback? Hmmm it shouldn't affect the recording if you silence that out - when you start playing I assume the feedback goes away?

It will be a bit akward starting to record but stick with it... it takes a long time to get good.
i'm pretty sure it goes away when I play, never really payed attention to that. I turned my amp on and I heard feedback and don't remember anything else.

Alright so my total is around $300 .. that seems pretty good for the quality I was hearing on the internet. I could also just buy used stuff at around $200 .

Has anyone personally used any of these products? Are they user friendly and reliable?
I haven't used the interface, but I've heard it's top notch for the price. I have used the 57, and both pieces of software, and all of them are solid choices, IMO.
There is poetry in despair.