It was to make him look taller...(he wasn't the tallest guitarist of his time you know)
**** yea
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
He was pretty damn short man, plus, back then it was okay to wear women's clothing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

...i think Randy's heels were among the least ridiculous parts of the wardrobe in that video.

Ozzy's arm tassels ftw!
Quote by valennic
He was pretty damn short man, plus, back then it was okay to wear women's clothing.

he wasn't wearing womens clothing, those looked like mens shoes with cuban heels, sort of like beatle boots.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
he wasn't wearing womens clothing, those looked like mens shoes with cuban heels, sort of like beatle boots.

Fair enough. I didnt watch the video. You're right, my bad.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

i thought it's always been okay to wear women's clothing?
Quote by Mangler_666
i thought it's always been okay to wear women's clothing?

well...your a crossdresser.lmao
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
If I could drum in lady heels I totally would.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by DopeDanny
well...your a crossdresser.lmao

or maybe i'm female? didn't think of that did you?!
but nah, i'm not a female, and not a cross-dresser.
I just thought that musicians could wear whatever the hell they wanted, it's all freedom of choice, and they all want to be unique, or different. I've no issues with Randy wearing womens clothing, as he was a kick-ass guitarist!!
Quote by Mangler_666
or maybe i'm female? didn't think of that did you?!
but nah, i'm not a female, and not a cross-dresser.
I just thought that musicians could wear whatever the hell they wanted, it's all freedom of choice, and they all want to be unique, or different. I've no issues with Randy wearing womens clothing, as he was a kick-ass guitarist!!

Musicians can get away with tons of weird clothing choices, everyone thought Rob Halford was awesome even though he wore full studded leather.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Musicians can get away with tons of weird clothing choices, everyone thought Rob Halford was awesome even though he wore full studded leather.

I think you are mistaking "everyone" with "you".
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by livrockdie
I think my mom has a pair of those in black...

I have a pair of them in black actually, they kick much ass, of course I also have 4" platform boots and a 14'' mohawk.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by drunkinkoala

yeah, it's all up to ones own likes and choices. I personally have nothing against guys who wear women's clothing on stage, it's all just a gimmick. whatever makes them happy. the important thing is the music, not the appearance.
Quote by FendermanOC
I think you are mistaking "everyone" with "you".

Halford pulled it off pretty good.