hey yall. i just got back from icthus. if you dont know what that is ( i didnt for a long time) its a large christian music festival in kentucky. i was just wondering if anyone here on ultimateguitar.com likes any christian bands? there are tons of talk about secular (for lack of a better word) bands and i have no problem with them, im just curious. does anyone like christian rock bands and like to play their stuff? any favorites? tell me about it. thanks!
Last edited by marathon2615 at Jun 16, 2008,
*posts before all the "use the search bar" posts go up*

yeahh man totally!
im stoked about going to Cornerstone in a couple weeks
(look it up if you dont know what it is, kina like icthus)
The only christian group im into is August Burns Red but they are really heavy, hard to believe its christian.
Quote by Guitarpilot
The only christian group im into is August Burns Red but they are really heavy, hard to believe its christian.

how about as i lay dying?
Thoroughly dislike it.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
i like a lot of christians IN bands. by "christian" bands i think of Steven Curtis Chapman, Todd Agnew, and the David Crowder Band. The music innovation isn't SPECTACULAR, but the lyrics and meaning really get me.

Some favorites of mine are Switchfoot, Relient K, As Cities Burn, mewithoutYou, Chasing Victory, Jonezetta, and Last Tuesday.

Hillsong (and also United) come to mind as real Christian music. good stuff there
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Guitarpilot

i didn't know they were Christian.

isn't that band demon hunter Christian also?
i don't like it very much but my girlfriend loves creed and chevelle.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
not really
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by magnum1117
i don't like it very much but my girlfriend loves creed and chevelle.

chevelle is Christian?

i guess a lot of bands can be interpreted as Christian, i've heard that red jumpsuit apparatus and killswitch engage are Christian.
I'm Christian and can't stand most Christian rock. At most, it is tolerable to me.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
i think its ironic that they use death metal names and do hardcore screaming and preech about god all in the same sense..+2 on the drink coasters
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by Metallica_Man55
chevelle is Christian?

i guess a lot of bands can be interpreted as Christian, i've heard that red jumpsuit apparatus and killswitch engage are Christian.

im pretty sure chevelle started christian, but then went mainstream.
RJA is not
and KSE is not either, they jus believe in something more that they dont know...
Quote by UOfan777
im pretty sure chevelle started christian, but then went mainstream.
RJA is not
and KSE is not either, they jus believe in something more that they dont know...

didn't creed do the same thing?
hahahahaha stryper...
lol my friends dad once dressed like strypers frontman...
:O

and yes im pretty sure creed did the same thing
Quote by CrabShrapnel
I'm Christian and can't stand most Christian rock. At most, it is tolerable to me.

same here. not to sound anti-religious, because i am a very devout Christian, but i just don't like the music.
A friend of mine who's a devoted Christian (I'm kinda floating) always plays Christian music when driving. A some of it's good, but the rest is just the same formula and it gets repetitive-- and I'm not just referring to lyrics. Seriously, loving God is no excuse for making ****ty music.
Red is awesome live. Skillet too. some songs get a little repetitive too though.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by marktuazon
Red is awesome live. Skillet too. some songs get a little repetitive too though.

i saw skillet live once. the only thing i don't like is the lead vocals. it's not terrible, but i don't really like it that much. red does get a bit repetitive, not bad though.