I've read that FL Studio can somehow be run on a mac...does anyone know of a way of converting it or tweaking the OS operating system to get it to run?
Actually if there is no real answer to my first post then maybe some of you guys could recommend me software compatable with a mac that's similar to or better than fl studio
I guess you could try one of those programs that splits your HD to run XP. I forget the name of all of the ones I've heard of...sorry!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
run windows on a mac using parallels or bootcamp. then run fl studio through windows on the mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sARwcSNB1aw
it runs better on a mac than on windows
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Logic
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I should have specified more perhaps, I used Fl Studio mostly for programming, not so much for live recording, which I mostly relied on Pro Tools for. Is Logic what I'd be looking for for instruments and whatnot? Is Pro Tools even compatable with macs? Haha.
Quote by fattyDQ
I should have specified more perhaps, I used Fl Studio mostly for programming, not so much for live recording, which I mostly relied on Pro Tools for. Is Logic what I'd be looking for for instruments and whatnot? Is Pro Tools even compatable with macs? Haha.

Logic is a DAW just like fruity loops.
Quote by fattyDQ

Protools is very compatible with macs.
It's mostly what is used in professional studios, and on a Mac as well.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Quote by fattyDQ
Does it have a lot of digital instrument selection? Pads and whatnot?

Yeah and you can go ahead and load in VSTs just like FL, look it up, it's made by apple.
Garageband that is.

Does Logic come with instruments built in and is it compatable with VSTs?
Quote by fattyDQ

Just look up DAW on wikipedia. You can find a list of all the major ones. Download a few trial versions and decide which one you like most.
Quote by fattyDQ
Garageband that is.

Does Logic come with instruments built in and is it compatable with VSTs?

I was reffering to Logic.
It doesn't really seem to say on apple's websites what digital instruments come packed with Logic. Strings, Brass, Synths and pads, bass, drums, etc?
Quote by fattyDQ
It doesn't really seem to say on apple's websites what digital instruments come packed with Logic. Strings, Brass, Synths and pads, bass, drums, etc?

http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/instruments/#overview

.........you can just sample also and load your own stuff
Quote by fattyDQ
I don't really know how to do that...haha. It doesn't look like it has nearly the amount of instruments FL had available, there must be something compatable with a mac with that kind of selection?

Logic can do more than FL from what I know.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Logic can do more than FL from what I know.

As far as what? All I really used to use FL studio for was creating music with digital instruments, and it had A LOT. From what that apple site says you have to create your own instruments to really hae a nice selection : \
Quote by fattyDQ
As far as what? All I really used to use FL studio for was creating music with digital instruments, and it had A LOT. From what that apple site says you have to create your own instruments to really hae a nice selection : \

Look I use FL to make music and I have a friend who uses logic, he can create anything I can and more.
Can anyone who's actually used Logic say the same? What about garageband, is it similar to FL Studio?