please excuse the following space because i know %99 of the people who see this will scroll over the link and read the first few paragraphs and refuse to open it if its not exciting enough for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so ANYWAY, i need one of those songs that are just fun to play over and over again, the songs that never really get old, the song that everybody posts videos of themselves playing on youtube, for example master of puppets- metallica, gravemakers and gunslingers- coheed and cambria.

thats not why i need one of those songs though, im getting a little bit bored with my playing and i need a song/solo thats recognizable or common, and dosn't take much time to learn, or is "easy"

i really like metallica and iron maiden
and if you recommend a megadeth song i will stab you in the ear, they are CRAP
and i dont want any songs from metallica's 'Kill em' all' album, if you havn't figured it out by now, i hate dave mustaine, dont ask me why, im not here to argue.

a metallica song would be great though,
what is the easiest metallica solo, not from kill em all, that isn't i disappear or one, that dosn't necessarily need a wah peddal?
cause thats the fother muckin song for me!

or any iron maiden is good,
coheed would be nice
or any easily recognizable or "popular" song thats EASY!
i cum blood
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Megadeth has better guitar riffs then Mettalica
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
FFS, give the guy some good ideas. TS, how about Enter Sandman, it needs a Wah, but its still a good song, and its not to hard. Maiden's Number Of The Beast might be for you as well
Dammit, well I was going to recommend She Wolf by Megadeth, its a great song, but then I read about your Mustaine rant. I really do think its worth looking at, seeing as how I was just in a slump about 2 weeks ago, looked at that song, picked it up easily, and Its so much fun to play.

But as far as other stuff goes, try Battery by Metallica, but the solo may be a little out of reach for you, its a little fast. Try Blackened, the verse is a pretty fun riff when you get the hang of it. umm... Fade to black is pretty good as well, fun to play when I am in a mellow mood. For Maiden, I would look up The Trooper, and Killers, they are both fun and easy. Maybe check out Caught Somewhere in Time too, I love that intro solo. Well yeah, theres my 2 cents...
Quote by thetoastinator
Dammit, well I was going to recommend She Wolf by Megadeth, its a great song, but then I read about your Mustaine rant. I really do think its worth looking at, seeing as how I was just in a slump about 2 weeks ago, looked at that song, picked it up easily, and Its so much fun to play.

But as far as other stuff goes, try Battery by Metallica, but the solo may be a little out of reach for you, its a little fast. Try Blackened, the verse is a pretty fun riff when you get the hang of it. umm... Fade to black is pretty good as well, fun to play when I am in a mellow mood. For Maiden, I would look up The Trooper, and Killers, they are both fun and easy. Maybe check out Caught Somewhere in Time too, I love that intro solo. Well yeah, theres my 2 cents...

+1 to all those, but they aren't all that popular, at least outside of metal,
Quote by metallicock

i really like metallica and iron maiden
and if you recommend a megadeth song i will stab you in the ear, they are CRAP
and i dont want any songs from metallica's 'Kill em' all' album, if you havn't figured it out by now, i hate dave mustaine, dont ask me why, im not here to argue.
!

Dave Mustaine may have wrote 4 songs for the album, but did not do the recording. I don't see how you could hold a grudge against him.

P.S. Kill 'Em All kicks ass, and is the best Metallica album there is. Just my Opinion.

Edit: To be useful, I suggest Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden or The Trooper.
Last edited by JoshRocco at Jun 17, 2008,
Dude, you need to expand your horizons beyond metal. And don't be so uptight about Mustaine. Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean you shouldn't like his music.

Anyway, I was going to sugest The Four Horseman off of Kill Em All. The riff is very simple and sounds good. It is great for developing your right hand gallop and has a fairly easy solo.

Also, outside of metal, I'm going to sugest Jamie's Cryin and Ain't Talkin Bout Love, both by Van Halen. Good riffs, fairly easy solos. You should check them out.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Go right ahead my dear friend, stab me in the ear, I'll even give you a free shot at it too, You can't hate Mustaine's music, without him there wouldn't be no Metallica; hence, his riffs are way better in every way.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Jun 17, 2008,
I've honestly been playing Mississippi Queen for the last 3 months, everytime I touch my guitar. It's not hard by any means, but it's just so damned fun to play. Learn it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
enter sandman

search and destroy

iron man

sweet child of mine

sunshine of ur love
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Megadeth>Metallica for guitar tracks.

But try some Trivium, maybe Requiem.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Sadly Sings Destiny by Blind Guardian Not popular or well known at all but the intro riff is so much fun (though I still can't play it up to speed yet). The rest of the song is pretty fun too, and outside the solos, it's not overly difficult once you get used to the speed.

Cutting Megadeth out really hurts my suggestions since most of the riffs I find really fun to play are either off of Rust in Peace or no one has ever heard of them. Worse, almost all Metallica I can think of is off Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning (which have a lot of Mustaine infuence to them).

Um... I really don't know for suggestions of Metallica or Maiden, maybe Fight Fire with Fire or if you could handle the solos Call of Kutulu (though you may be opposed to the last one due to it's striking similarities to Hanger 18 chord wise, ). Master of Puppets is fun, but it's tough, same with Disposable Heroes.

So there, those are my suggestions, though I strongly recommend the Blind Guardian track, it's got some great energy to it.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
since your a coheed fan...let me lay some out

Final Cut-- huge solo, fun to play

Willing Well I: Fuel For the Feeding End-- i'm learning this one...it's epic as balls

The Crowing: pretty easy, until he gets to the part with all the artificial harmonics 'n stuff

Time Consumer: the intro is beastly...so at least learn that part
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
anything by The Sword; nice crunchy detuned riffs that are pretty simple and fun as hell to play. Maybe some more Coheed? Try No World For Tommorow, Ten Speed of God's Blood and Burial, etc.

but no offense, saying you want to play the song that everyone and their brother plays on youtube, which apparently never gets old, is drab IMO. try going for a song that's NOT insanely well known, but still kick ass and sounds A LOT better than the same crap that gets covered on youtube daily. For really guitar heavy music that's technical, but fun to play once you get it down try something like The Mars Volta or Protest the Hero (the songs L'Via L'Viaquez or Cyngus...Vismund Cyngus, and Bloodmeat, Blindfolds Aside or Sequoia Throne from both artists respectively).