ive been waiting for this amp to come out ever since someone on this website (i forget who it was) told me about it. well, its almost out. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Princeton-Reverb-15W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482325

it finishes out the line of '65 amps. the deluxe reverb, super reverb, twin reverb, and now the princeton reverb.

heres the problem though, this amp goes for $900 US, the deluxe goes for only $50 more. thats stupid. i was hoping this would be in the $700 range, i could easily manage thats, but once i think about the 1 grand range it makes me want to just save up and spend even more. im a little upset, im hoping it will come down in price.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Well I still prefer the sound of the Princeton, but yeah it's a bit stupid.
Nice to see them bring out a reissue of them, wiht the Recording out and so on!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'd like to see them come out with a reissue that actually resembles the original! Paper bobbin transformers, high quality caps, hand wiring... They all make a huge difference in tone which stop any of the new fender amps from sounding like the old fender amps.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I'd like to see them come out with a reissue that actually resembles the original! Paper bobbin transformers, high quality caps, hand wiring... They all make a huge difference in tone which stop any of the new fender amps from sounding like the old fender amps.

i agree. I was shopping for a new amp not too long ago. I took a look at the deluxe reverb, and thought, yeah, this is gonna be it. its gonna be great. i plugged in, played for about an hour. it didnt blow me away. its cleans were great, but really not THAT much better than the cleans in my current amp now. it gets frustrating that you cant just buy an amp at reasonable price that has all the tone that I want.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by CorduroyEW

Yeah, I really didn't like the reissues either, they could have been better.
I think that's why I liked the CBB better than most of the fender reissues.

Oh, I did like the 1964 vibroverb custom reissue quite a bit though.
It only got one great tone though, which is essentially SRV's. But, cleans fell short of a SR's, and it kind of lost it's edge at higher volumes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by CorduroyEW

I could not agree more...

This amps may use the same "schematic" values of the vintage Fenders but they sure dont look like them on the inside. Two giant PCBs, cheap components the list goes on.