Poll: Which guitar do you like better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar do you like better?
Fendar Jaguar (white)
29 62%
Gibson SG (wood)
18 38%
Voters: 47.
im gonna start to save money for a new guitar and i would appreciate a little feedback. the SG is more expensive but im not worried about that. both are beautiful and ive been torn for months about which one i like better

white jaguar

wood SG
well i shouldn't have called it a vs. thread i forgot..its really just a which guitar should i get thread. i play a lot of hard rock, ratm, muse, enter shikari, underoath, but then also rhcp too
Quote by DeadStar444
well i shouldn't have called it a vs. thread i forgot..its really just a which guitar should i get thread. i play a lot of hard rock, ratm, muse, enter shikari, underoath, but then also rhcp too

lol i was just playin

and even though i voted jaguar and i like it better, the sg seems to fit your style better
"Which guitar do you like better?"

Jaguar, hands down. I fucking hate the SG.

But to which guitar would be best for you, I'd have to say the SG (bleh...).
SG

cuz all the cool kids are doin it
(cool kids being angus, iommi, and me )

My mind is going. I can feel it.
if the jag is made in mexico I would try finding the american version which would cost about the same as the SG but if you cant find an american jag with dual humbuckers then go with the SG
i hope you have a decent amp to go along with that.
anyways i love jaguars but go for the sg.
since when did they start making jaguars with humbuckers? and whats with the price drop
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by GettintheLedout
lol i was just playin

and even though i voted jaguar and i like it better, the sg seems to fit your style better

oh ok lol. anyway i think the jag is nicer but the SG better to hold all tunings and heavier stuff, and this is why it's such a hard decision. but ive heard jags are supposed to be really versatile cuz they have so many toggle switches, and they should be able to handle most sounds and tunings. does anyone know if thats true?
ok hands down and SG is so ugly it mother doesn't love it witch is not a good pair with its crapy feel.
Also Fender makes way sturdier guitars that will last way longer than a gibson also a Jag. has a great feel great sound and tone and it doesn't look to bad either.Also they are very vesitile as you said.
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
No. Those wood SGs such. Get a plastic one.

But fo realz, get the jag.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by the_strikes
SG, but with P-90's

This
The Jaguar looks kinda ****ty, note *just looks, calm down*

I like the SG, but I own one so I'm biased anyway.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Try em out first, if you can. I'd say Jaguar, it'd be different and I'm sure you could make use of its versatility.
Quote by DeadStar444
im gonna start to save money for a new guitar and i would appreciate a little feedback. the SG is more expensive but im not worried about that. both are beautiful and ive been torn for months about which one i like better

Jazzmaster for you then!
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
You'd almost think that, on a forum for guitarists, we'd've thought to make forums for discussing guitars...

Maybe soon, eh?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...