Hey,

I have a question concerning using a guitar with a bass amp. Basically, I have a Peavey Mark III XP bass head, and two cabs for it. Aside from that, I presently run my guitar through a Randall RG40R. Basically, I was curious if I could play the guitar through the bass amp without it damaging anything? I've heard it could be done / actually has been done with this rig before (it was given to me), but am unsure whether it was plugging the guitar directly into the Peavey head itself, or whether it was simply running a guitar amp (in my case, my Randall) through the cabs?

Just curious, as I heard this can be done for a good low-end, heavier kind of sound.

Thanks!
Guitar through a bass setup is fine I think. Other way around you could blow the speakers though.
I don't think it'll hurt anything.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Thanks for the reply. So plugging straight into the bass head should do no harm? I'd gather that if that's fine then likewise running the guitar amp through the cabs should also work alright. Just wanted to make sure so I don't inadvertently blow things up and level the house.
Guitar through a bass amp is absolutely fine, I play my Explorer through my Carvin BX600 all the time, it sounds really sweet.
There are plenty who use guitar with bass speakers. But bass and guitar speakers = disaster.
They're great for guitars. I play with my rumble 25 and got some tones that's sweet. Great for pedals too.
I've used a bass amp/cab to record clean 7-string guitar parts in the past. Sounds absolutely awesome.

I've always wanted to try a Rectifier with a 2x15 bass cab and 2x12 guitar cab. Headroom like nobody's business.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
yeah its fine!

Recently ive been using a line switcher to swap between my MG 30 ( Im so sorry for owning one, KranK soon!) and a Peavey bass amp, the bass amp has AWESOME cleans!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
two words: fender bassman. legendary guitar amp? nope, its a bass amp that has created some brilliant guitar sounds. what im trying to say is, not only is it not going to hurt anything, it may sound awesome if you use the right amp/setup.
Quote by jof1029
two words: fender bassman. legendary guitar amp? nope, its a bass amp that has created some brilliant guitar sounds. what im trying to say is, not only is it not going to hurt anything, it may sound awesome if you use the right amp/setup.

+1
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not