So my Solid State 2x12 amp is totaled but the speakers still work fine and I figured I'd just use it as a cab. They're 16 ohm 70 watt speakers. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I was thinking either Little Giant or Valve Junior. My main concern is that I play metal from time to time and would like to be able to get a decent high gain sound. I have a Metal Muff and TS9 that I could use, but I'm not sure if they'd do decent metal tones with these amps. Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys think would be the better choice for me. Thanks.
Stictly between those two - the little giant, I'm not sure it'll be high gain enough though, what sort of tone are you looking for?
Quote by guitar/bass76
Stictly between those two - the little giant, I'm not sure it'll be high gain enough though, what sort of tone are you looking for?

Kind of modern death metal. I know that's asking a lot from one of those amps, but I was hoping my distortion pedal could get it done.
I know what metal sound you're going for, but what about the other tones you would want? One amp could be better for metal, but then it isn't as good for the other tones.
Last edited by RupertG at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by RupertG
I know what metal sound you're going for, but what about the other tones you would want? One amp could be better for metal, but then it isn't as good for the other tones.

Well I've heard both of them in youtube vids and they both seem to deliver nice cleans and overdriven sounds, I just haven't been able to find anyone using a distortion pedal with one for an all-out metal sound.