So my band is looking for some more songs from the 90's era. The crowds seem to love the 90's songs. They can also be from the early 2000's. So far we have:

Inside Out- Eve 6
Breakfast at Tiffany's- Deep Blue Something
Wonderwall- Oasis
Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
Hemorrhage- Fuel
What I got- Sublime
Semi-Charmed Kind of Life- Third Eye Blind
Possum Kingdom- Toadies

Anymore suggestions?
Member #9 of the Carvin club
You Get What you Give - New Radicals
No Rain - Blind Melon
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
You Get What you Give - New Radicals

+1

pumping on your stereo-supergrass
buddy holly / sweater song - Weezer
How about anything by Radiohead?

Although their 'hits' - Creep, Jest (You Do It To Yourself), Karma Police, Street Spirit - might be better crowd-pleasers.

Also, you could go a bit Hindu on them and play "Govinda" by Kula Shaker. It does sound a little odd, but I'm sure there won't be many people in any audience won't recognise the vocal hook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqncFetwku0

I'm told this is because it was on a popular car advert, but I'd like to maintain that I recognise through impeccable musical taste.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
You know theres actually like really great 90's music, not just cheasy nostalgiac pop tunes?
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
If you have any love for your bass player, throw out "what I got", and put in "Santeria." Also, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Wonderwall are no nos because they have been played into the ground by every college going douche that ever picked up a guitar for 3 minutes.

Super kudos on Mr. Jones and Possum Kingdom, I say throw in a wallflowers tune, maybe a Semisonic (again closing time is pretty overdone), Gin BLossoms, Matchbox 20, Live or Pearl Jam. I also whole heartedly agree with all the other suggestions given in this thread except sweater song because it's overplayed just like breakfast at Tiffany's and wonderwall, and Kryptonite, just because I personally hate the song and want to spread the hate. I'm trying to get my friends to play lovefool by the cardigans with me as that is super awesome 90s but no one will do it :'(

edit*
Quote by trey-col89
You know theres actually like really great 90's music, not just cheasy nostalgiac pop tunes?

You take that back! but seriously, the TS said they were trying to work the crowd for what it loved, nothing beats cheesy nostalgia for that.
Hootie & The Blowfish - I Only Wanna Be With You
Blues Traveler - Run Around
Blues Traveler - Hook
The Wallflowers - One Headlight
RHCP - Under The Bridge
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Quote by dullsilver_mike
If you have any love for your bass player, throw out "what I got", and put in "Santeria." Also, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Wonderwall are no nos because they have been played into the ground by every college going douche that ever picked up a guitar for 3 minutes.

Well the thing with Wonderwall and Breakfast at Tiffany's is that down here no one has heard those songs in years. They never really got overplayed. Plus when the singer and I started our acoustic show we did those two and the crowd loved them. Also, Santeria is in the setlist, I forgot.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Super kudos on Mr. Jones and Possum Kingdom, I say throw in a wallflowers tune, maybe a Semisonic (again closing time is pretty overdone), Gin BLossoms, Matchbox 20, Live or Pearl Jam. I also whole heartedly agree with all the other suggestions given in this thread except sweater song because it's overplayed just like breakfast at Tiffany's and wonderwall, and Kryptonite, just because I personally hate the song and want to spread the hate. I'm trying to get my friends to play lovefool by the cardigans with me as that is super awesome 90s but no one will do it :'(

edit*

You take that back! but seriously, the TS said they were trying to work the crowd for what it loved, nothing beats cheesy nostalgia for that.

We're working on getting some Matchbox Twenty into the set. Our drummer and singer are big fans of them.
third eye blind- semi-charmed life
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
Them Bones - Alice in Chains
Again - Alice in Chains
Bound for the Floor - Local H
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
i can't believe no one has said soundgarden- they're an amazing band
try black hole sun or one of their less popular songs like jesus christ pose or spoonman

EDIT: oh and also throw some originals in there cause if you are trying to get ANYWHERE as a band i doubt you will do it playing only covers
Last edited by soundgarden6742 at Jun 19, 2008,
Closing Time by Semisonic. Sex and Candy by Marcy's Playground. Glycerine by Bush. Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon.
You must play something by The Get Up Kids.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Spacehog- In the Meantime. Most people remember it, and it's a fun song to play.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
WEEZER!!!!!!!!
or
The freshman- The verve pipe
or
Nirvana (NOT TEEN SPIRIT)
or
just do a google on best 90s rock songs.
Founder of the "Make Your Own Freakin' Setlist Club"
Awesome!! Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I had a few comments about playing originals, we are going to be playing originals. We have about 4 at the moment.