Hey, im having problems raising and lowering my pickups, and i been tryng to use this one screw driver but it is a lil smaller and sorta stripping the screw and i dont want to do that, so i was wondering what size should i look for, id like to buy one online but cant seem to find a size to be lookin for ... thanks
haha, true. i guess im going to have to go into a hardware store with my guitar... but there isnt some sorta like cheap-o guitar kit that comes with like a screwdriver for pups and string cutter or w/e? tbh, i dont even know if screwdrivers come with like gages or w/e i just know theres tons of sizes, i just cant find the small ones to fit. its lames. sorry for bein a noob
Weird Al Yankovic wrote a song which tells you of a place where you can find such tools.

Go to your local hardware store and test some out. Or better yet, get a modular screwdriver which has different size tips.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
While you're at the hardware store buy every other tool.

How have you gotten this far in life with one screwdriver?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
well im 19 now and my dad banned me from his tools at 12! lol so thats how i got by jthm, me and my bro used to throw them at eatchother and lost alot in mud, thinking were ninjas or something! ****in kids!
Quote by darkarbiter7
Weird Al Yankovic wrote a song which tells you of a place where you can find such tools.

Go to your local hardware store and test some out. Or better yet, get a modular screwdriver which has different size tips.

mod screwdriver, eBay here i come!
Quote by burrrandon
haha, true. i guess im going to have to go into a hardware store with my guitar... but there isnt some sorta like cheap-o guitar kit that comes with like a screwdriver for pups and string cutter or w/e? tbh, i dont even know if screwdrivers come with like gages or w/e i just know theres tons of sizes, i just cant find the small ones to fit. its lames. sorry for bein a noob

You could just take the screwdriver you have now in and get one size bigger.

OR like Dark said just get a multi tipped screwdriver. Probally come in handy for other things around the house as well.
Quote by stangconv
You could just take the screwdriver you have now in and get one size bigger.

OR like Dark said just get a multi tipped screwdriver. Probally come in handy for other things around the house as well.

wow im such an idiot, i never thought of that.. wow. thanks, im one of those annoyin people that has a simple question, but gets so stoked on the internet and i can post it in the forums and have other people help instead! lol , thanks for the help people
I totally forgot about this website "http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Screwdrivers/Guitar_Tech_Screwdriver_Set.html" I found this, I was wondering if someone could look and see those gauges and sorta guess if those would fit... i'm guessing Yeah cause its a Luthier set, so i'm pretty sure it would be?
I'd just go with a modular one.
No sense spending money on shipping and a whole set when you can just spend 5 bucks at home depot on a modular set. It even come in a case so you can keep it in your case so you can make adjustments when needed.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'd just go with a modular one.
No sense spending money on shipping and a whole set when you can just spend 5 bucks at home depot on a modular set. It even come in a case so you can keep it in your case so you can make adjustments when needed.

Modular screw drivers are complete crap, especially ones that are that cheap. You can and will destroy the tips of the screwdriver bits, and you will end up stripping screws. The only quality screwdriver bits you can get are specifically for electric screwdrivers. He'd be better off getting a 3 dollar drop forged stainless screwdriver. Also much easier to keep track of.
Quote by stangconv
^^^ If all he is doing is raising and loweringpickups he will be just fine with it...

Yes. But considering your average young guitar player's organizational skills. Odds are he'll lose the one bit he needs after maybe 5 uses. If all he needs is to raise and lower pickups, why would he need a modular screwdriver set?

2-3 dollars at the Home Depot buys a drop forged name brand screwdriver.

IDK, I guess I just place an emphasis on good tools.
Quote by burrrandon
well im 19 now and my dad banned me from his tools at 12! lol so thats how i got by jthm, me and my bro used to throw them at eatchother and lost alot in mud, thinking were ninjas or something! ****in kids!

Wow you dad must really have no faith or trust in you to not allow you to use a screw driver after 7 years!
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Buy one of those little screwdriver kits for fixing glasses.
They have assorted sizes and normally have 12 sizes, star and phillips head.
I use these and they are really really good quality.
Perfect for guitar modding.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I use a size 1 to adjust my pickups, I got in in a set of jewellers' screwdrivers.

You also get a size 0 crosshead which is good for the screws on tuners, and a size 2 flathead, which is perfect for adjusting the intonation on a Gibson tune-o-matic type bridge.
thanks guys, im gonna def look into that, cause ya i would need some for intonation aswell. ill go to home depot tomorow or lowes i cant memmer wich is closest lol
Quote by imgooley
Modular screw drivers are complete crap, especially ones that are that cheap. You can and will destroy the tips of the screwdriver bits, and you will end up stripping screws. The only quality screwdriver bits you can get are specifically for electric screwdrivers. He'd be better off getting a 3 dollar drop forged stainless screwdriver. Also much easier to keep track of.

I guess you're right, but modular screwdrivers work better than you think.
Usually they come with nice hardened tips, and they all usually fit well.
Oh well.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I always thought grey goose and tropicana made a nice screwdriver.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not