Check out our band's first original on our myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/runrhino

The title is "Staring at the Sun". We have 5 other covers on the myspace also to check out if you want.

If you like our song, vote for us on Gretsch's Unsigned Band Contest!

http://www.gretsch125th.com/vote/index.html?pkey=1482

Let us know what you think!
Last edited by guitarsmith02 at Jun 17, 2008,
i really like the acoustic rythem. very cool. the bass was a bit heavy in the mix. the vocal melody was a bit predictable, but very enjoyable. i thought you did a really good job using the lead guitar tastefully. the acoustic rythm was by far the best part of the song.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by Faux
Nice song. It sounds pretty unique to me, kinda a blend of a lot of stuff. it is pretty bassy maybe tone it down a bit, but not much it works pretty well. The vocals are pretty nice, and i am loving teh acoustic guitar. Overall a pretty good job.

what band would you relate our band to? I've heard mixed emotions. Like you said, our sound is unique but not too far fetched.
very funky song dude, this may be just bcause i was listening to the song through my laptop speakers which are very very trebly but honestly i found the guitar a little trebly adn i didnt think the bss was too loud at all. the acoustic guitar is a real cool change up, i honestlt cant think of much wrong with it, maybe a bigger ending with a bigger guitr solo or even a bass solo but i dunno apart from that this song is seriously slick
Quote by Gnomestar
very funky song dude, this may be just bcause i was listening to the song through my laptop speakers which are very very trebly but honestly i found the guitar a little trebly adn i didnt think the bss was too loud at all. the acoustic guitar is a real cool change up, i honestlt cant think of much wrong with it, maybe a bigger ending with a bigger guitr solo or even a bass solo but i dunno apart from that this song is seriously slick

it has to be your laptop speakers; i've tried it on 3-4 different sound platforms and it all has bass presence but not too much, in my opinion.

Quote by Scarletti
I love the sound of that song. =P The lyrics flow really well and the vocals suit the song. The mood is really upbeat and yea, I like the acoustic part =P It's the kind of song that sticks with you, nice job =)

Everyone seems to really like the acoustic part, which is good. Our singer came up with the riff, he's a guitar major as well. We were going for a mainstream quality with our own vibe.
Hey man. Thanks for the crit. I'm listening to your song now. Good sound on the acoustic, the electric is good too, reminds me of eric johnson, the drums sound pretty fake though. Really strong singing. The whole thing flows really damn well. Good job.
Quote by Say Ocean
Hey man. Thanks for the crit. I'm listening to your song now. Good sound on the acoustic, the electric is good too, reminds me of eric johnson, the drums sound pretty fake though. Really strong singing. The whole thing flows really damn well. Good job.

how do the drums sound fake? we mic'd the drum set with like 6 or 7 mic's. thanks for the crit!
Thanks for the crit!
Starts out great. Really diggin' the rythm guitar.
Great singing too.
The chorus was awesome, really catchy.
Really like the overall sound of the music. Easy to listen to.
Really great. Absolutely something I'm going to listen more too
Tasty Southern Rock groove, and HOLY SH*T! A vocalist who doesn't just growl and scream! Crazy good singer. Very original band. I'm trying to really find a glaring flaw, but it's not really there.

For being on U.G., it's a 9 outta 10.

Yeah, and definitely stick with all original, now. Well, at least mostly. It's actually your best song.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888006
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by ZigZag0420
Tasty Southern Rock groove, and HOLY SH*T! A vocalist who doesn't just growl and scream! Crazy good singer. Very original band. I'm trying to really find a glaring flaw, but it's not really there.

For being on U.G., it's a 9 outta 10.

Yeah, and definitely stick with all original, now. Well, at least mostly. It's actually your best song.

haha, thanks for your enthusiasm. some people say our singer is more fit for R&B and pop, like a justin timberlake. but i think he works well for our group, like you said, we're very original in my opinion. i'll post new stuff on the forum when we get the recordings down.