Okay so i'm a little out of room and i was wondering, would it be okay to put my combo (20 kgs) ontop of my amp head (also 20 kgs) which is then ontop of my marshall cab on casters (40 kgs or something). I dn't wanna fuck anything up, but I'm out of room.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I've seen people stack heads plenty of times, and it the combo weighs the same as the head then I foresee no problems, good amp heads are usually built really tough, same goes for cabs.

Just make sure you don't cover up any openings for ventilation.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, the weight probably won't be an issue. if you have a full stack for example the first cab have to carry the other cab + head too. so it will be fine.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Swete, thanks guys.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Why would you put the combo on top of the head? I mean, depending on the weight of it, it probably won't damage anything, but I'd just put the head on top of the combo just in case.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Why would you put the combo on top of the head? I mean, depending on the weight of it, it probably won't damage anything, but I'd just put the head on top of the combo just in case.

huh? why would you do that, unless it's a huge combo the head probably wouldn't even fit on the combo, esp if it has a carry handle on it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
huh? why would you do that, unless it's a huge combo the head probably wouldn't even fit on the combo, esp if it has a carry handle on it.

Eh, yeah true I guess. I'm used to big 2x12 combos. The 401 is a 1x12, so it's probably not big enough to hold the DSL 50 on it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Eh, yeah true I guess. I'm used to big 2x12 combos. The 401 is a 1x12, so it's probably not big enough to hold the DSL 50 on it.

Correct. The combo fits ontop of the head even with the handle also, because of the pegs on the bottom of the combo.

Also, i didn't want to make another thread so, has anyone ever played through avatar cabs. I'm looking into buying the traditional 2x12 with vintage 30's. This is because of partability and i can leave my cab at drummers house without not being able to jam at home, and just for versatility.
Quote by atr5557
Yesterday I put my 4x12 cab on my head to make a reverse stack. A combo should be no problem at all. Though obviously bear in mind what speakers it has. An amp with an Eminence Commonwealth will be much heavier than one with a Seventy/80.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jun 17, 2008,