So I decided that I want to try to write lyrics to a song. It would be my first song I wrote lyrics to. I have a feeling I'm going to get very frustrated with it. Please tell me how hard, and how LONG it took you guys to write your first song, and maybe give me some extra, much needed advice.
Thanks.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Get inspiration and just write what comes to mind. After you feel you're finished, read through it and take out any lines you don't like and then either write some more, or just be done with it.
All my songs usually don't take very long to write
If you've got the chords and the melody you're set
All you really have to do is punch in lyrics to fit the melody
My only advice is don't force it
The song is either there or it's not
Yes.
i wrote my first song with lyrics after i got kicked out of my first band
and the song sucked cos it didnt have any flow or good lines or anything
and it was really cliche

its been about 2 years since then, and ive been writing crap that whole time, and only now am i starting to write okay lyrics

i find the best way to write lyrics is to not directly reference an entire song to a certain event. throw in maybe one line that is a direct reference to it, but i like using metaphors and stuff and staying a bit vague, while still in depth
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Quote by Kynyster_K
So I decided that I want to try to write lyrics to a song. It would be my first song I wrote lyrics to. I have a feeling I'm going to get very frustrated with it. Please tell me how hard, and how LONG it took you guys to write your first song, and maybe give me some extra, much needed advice.
Thanks.

I didn't find it hard to write my first set of lyrics, nor did it take very long, until after I had a rough set to build off. One thing alot of people seem to do is not edit what they've written. Occasionally a song is so good to start that it doesn't need editing, but the majority of what's written does need some form of editing.

Don't try writing about something you have no idea of. That makes the whole process incredibly difficult. Stick to something you have experience on for your first song. I remember reading something on the web on writing a song, that used a first kiss as a subject. I'll try to find it again as it was a very helpful read.

This might have been better in S&L techniques though, you'd have probably got better responses from the guys over there.

~Taydr~
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Cool. Thanks guys...
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev